Hello Guest

Author Topic: Major changes for El Tate  (Read 1432 times)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Major changes for El Tate
« on: July 14, 2021, 12:46:10 PM »
I've been waiting to post this after I got myself and the family all settled, so here goes. last year during the height of the "pandemic" my mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer. her mother died of metastatic breast cancer and my wife was pretty panicked about it so she and my daughter moved down to Medford, OR for 2 months to be with her during her treatment. Good news is that they caught it early and she's in recovery with a very good outlook. Bad news is work was so busy and chaotic, they would not approve 4 days for me to go down and spend time with them.

We started talking about investing in a VRBO property we could stay at anytime to be near them and that generated a conversation about how much the beach house was worth. After speaking with our agent, she let us know she had inquiries almost every month since we moved in 4 years ago. We decided that if we got enough for the beach house, we would look at a permanent residence down in OR and roll the dice with employment.

Flash forward to April of this year and we sold the beach in 3 days for more than double of what we owed and purchased a new home down in Eagle Point, about 25 min outside of Medford. I spoke with Randy's and they have decided to let me work from home, as the only employee in the company to do so to date. I didn't give them an ultimatum, just a request, and after about 6 weeks they came back with a yes, so here we are.

the listing photos are better than current as we are not totally furnished yet, but here's some teasers.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Major changes for El Tate
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 01:02:47 PM »
We had over 14k in unfulfilled permits from Island County trying to convert our garage into 2 more bedrooms and were getting nowhere. they wanted us to raise the whole house up off the foundation 18" which would have run around $100k in and of itself. the property then would have to be totally brought up to code mechanically and electrically, read another $50k. At that point we'd be better off bulldozing and rebuilding.

Not to mention water levels are not getting any lower, and we flooded all the way to the back door 1 time in 2019 2 times this last winter with king tides and heavy storms. Like Chief mentioned before, he didn't think it would be our forever home.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 01:05:22 PM »
Hard to tell from the pic but that turned out to be about 3 yards of sand and gravel that was displaced, and that was the lighter flood. The last two floods actually went all the way around the front of the house to the porch and through the garage/boathouse, ruining many things we had stored in there.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 01:25:22 PM »
Looks like a smart move to me!

I never saw promise in that house lasting too long. One western hurry-cane and you'd be toast.

New house looks really nice and really expensive! Hope you didn't get hurt with the transfer.

Did you folks decorate or are those "for-sale" pics.

Now will you be able to maintain the salt water boat? And can you continue to develop your culinary pursuit?

Oh and stop moving. Every move has been southward. Next one will be into Jefferson I'd think ;-))

Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »
Tate, way to put family first. Not easy but you’re a doing the right thing I’m sure, & I’m in a similar situation with my in-laws currently and of course my Mom is already under our roof in a mother in law suite.

Gunna miss those beach house pics though…..
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 02:02:22 PM »
thats a nice looking piece of property there tate, congratulations!

james belushi has a big farm/camp just to your west on the rogue river with an eagle point address.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 02:02:35 PM »
I’ll bet that pool i as nice as water front property and easier to clean up after a storm lol

Awesome place and best wishes in the new location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 02:12:26 PM »
Looks like a smart move to me!

I never saw promise in that house lasting too long. One western hurry-cane and you'd be toast.

New house looks really nice and really expensive! Hope you didn't get hurt with the transfer.

Did you folks decorate or are those "for-sale" pics.

Now will you be able to maintain the salt water boat? And can you continue to develop your culinary pursuit?

Oh and stop moving. Every move has been southward. Next one will be into Jefferson I'd think ;-))

Without throwing numbers around, the beach was on the market for 3 days, and that's only because we let the bidding war go on that long. we had a buyer lined up before we sold. put it this way, I REDUCED my mortgage by 2/3, and still have $$$ left over. we're looking at making that VRBO investment property now. Ideally, scoop up a property here and generate enough passive income to let Cyndie and I do what we want. The market in WA is so hot, and beachfront to boot, we paid off all our vehicles and now only have the MUCH smaller mortgage as our only outstanding debt, with a LOT more home

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 02:16:19 PM »

james belushi has a big farm/camp just to your west on the rogue river with an eagle point address.

There's a lot of wide open space over here, so might be tough tracking down an elusive blues bro, but he's within 10 miles of me then.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 02:30:42 PM »
That's for sale pics, but we're not far off from that. still waiting on COVID delayed furniture deliveries, but we've got it 2/3rds of the way there. wife and I are both working from home in tandem offices. separate but together. pretty nice considering I was 10 hrs w/ commute at randys and 5 hrs at the restaurant after. now I have time to actually spend with my wife and daughter after I clock off and walk to the kitchen, lol. It's a lot of house, a lot more than I ever would have imagined owning, but cost of living down here is much lower and we took advantage of the bloated market up north at just the right time. I used to see my family about 1-2 hrs a night before bed, never had dinner with them, and then 1.5 days on the weekends. Spending time with them and her family now is the best thing I could ask for. We have sunday night dinners with the whole extended family now, just like i did when i was a kid. Spend the weekend picking out new paint colors and golfing/swimming, not worrying about which bill to prioritize. I can't thank God enough for my blessings right now.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 02:31:39 PM »
I’ll bet that pool i as nice as water front property and easier to clean up after a storm lol

Awesome place and best wishes in the new location

Thank you Dave. And yes, much easier cleanup. Especially when Sophie's chores include cleaning up the back yard!

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2021, 02:35:00 PM »
Congrats Tate. We’re looking to make a change some time as well. Our house value is WAYYY up as well, but so is anything we’d want to buy. Pretty sick of the Portland area at this point.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 04:13:49 PM »
Great move.  I am sure you won't regret the reprioritization one bit.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2021, 04:35:39 PM »
Congrats, Tate! New place looks awesome. And I'm glad Randy's recognized your expertise and work ethic, keeping you on from the homestead.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2021, 04:42:56 PM »
Congrats Tate. We’re looking to make a change some time as well. Our house value is WAYYY up as well, but so is anything we’d want to buy. Pretty sick of the Portland area at this point.

I can't imagine it Ryan. We went north to Camano to get away from the crazies, and from what I can tell, Rogue River Valley consists of EVERY single Trump vote OR produced! wouldn't mind to call you neighbor. New construction in the neighborhood starting in the $400k range, just saying.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2021, 04:47:52 PM »

Salt water boat was a total loss, dry rotted out the partition from engine compartment all along the stringers and the decking. gunwales would rattle against the flooring when we hit big waves, only good thing about it was i completely rebuilt the outdrive and the new-ish motor only had 147hrs on it. still got a nice chunk of $$ for it.

Planning on talking with the semi-upscale restaurant at the golf course. Consulting or working on a contract basis, nothing permanent, or just keep doing private dinners. private stuff i get to control all of it, cash under the table, and only a weekend or two a month.

no more moves for this guy any further south. 30 min from here is kommiefornia!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Major changes for El Tate
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 05:55:04 PM »
Tate. Sounds to me like the Lord smiled on you and you made the right decision all around.  Congratulations

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2021, 06:17:27 PM »
X2 on Tex's comment.

Looks as though the Lord had his hand in this.

Which begs the question, did you see the Lord working? Any direct correlation between prayer and what manifested?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 06:55:40 PM »
Looks like a wise and blessed move

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2021, 08:12:26 PM »

There's a lot of wide open space over here, so might be tough tracking down an elusive blues bro, but he's within 10 miles of me then.

Here yah go.

https://www.google.com/search?q=elks+picnic+grounds+in+eagle+point&ei=4HzvYLi_MNS2tAatv5ioBA&oq=Elks+picnic&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADICCAAyCAguEMcBEK8BMgIIADIICC4QxwEQrwEyBQghEKABMgUIIRCgATIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABUN2BAljdgQJgupUCaAJwAHgAgAGcAYgBnAGSAQMwLjGYAQCgAQGgAQKwAQDAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2021, 09:09:59 PM »
Sounds like you came out on top Tator. Congrats buddy.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2021, 09:35:21 PM »
That’s mighty nice of you to offer Tate, except I don’t think I want to live in Oregon again, especially under the rule of Comrade Brown.

Oh, and the income tax is a big negative.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2021, 10:25:26 PM »
Way to go young man. That is a very nice area down there. And nice of Randys to keep you on the payroll. Family time is so important, make the most of it.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2021, 11:49:12 AM »
X2 on Tex's comment.

Looks as though the Lord had his hand in this.

Which begs the question, did you see the Lord working? Any direct correlation between prayer and what manifested?

we were praying hard on the remodel and the county letting up restrictions but always ending with "but thy will be done". When Nana got her diagnosis we focused our prayers mostly on her and then Cyndie fell in love with the area and the ball started rolling. I'm sure he guided us here and am thankful for that.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2021, 11:50:48 AM »

Here yah go.

https://www.google.com/search?q=elks+picnic+grounds+in+eagle+point&ei=4HzvYLi_MNS2tAatv5ioBA&oq=Elks+picnic&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADICCAAyCAguEMcBEK8BMgIIADIICC4QxwEQrwEyBQghEKABMgUIIRCgATIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABUN2BAljdgQJgupUCaAJwAHgAgAGcAYgBnAGSAQMwLjGYAQCgAQGgAQKwAQDAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Looks like i'm about 9 min out from him, crazy

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2021, 02:23:07 AM »
Just found this Tate, nice move there.

I saw that Belushi special, place looks nice as yours.

Medford, that is actually not a bad drive from here. Never know,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2021, 11:37:59 AM »
Just found this Tate, nice move there.

I saw that Belushi special, place looks nice as yours.

Medford, that is actually not a bad drive from here. Never know,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just made 7lbs of Birria Tacos last night with some nice chuck and shank. swing on by, MIGHT have some leftover by tomorrow, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal