Hello Guest

Author Topic: So they just turned your hobby into a reason to imprison you.......  (Read 948 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: So they just turned your hobby into a reason to imprison you.......
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 08:04:11 AM »
It's only the beginning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 10:21:41 AM »
Not a lawful "Decree"

I'd say
1. go underground
2. be silent
3. Sue Obama and all minions enforcing these royal decrees

Prepare for the revolution!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »
Legislative over-reach as usual. As the Obama admin gets near the end I suspect we will see LOTS of last minute things like this pushed through that will create a total clusterf**k for law abiding citizens.  They will use regulations and fees to get what they cant get legislatively.

The AG in MA just tried to slide in a new "interpretation" of the AWB that is in place here. She claims she is going after "copycat" weapons that are basically the same as the guns on the AWB but that had a tweak to make them compliant. But of course the devil is in the details. The language they put out includes the:

Similarity Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon. Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.

So let me AKS ya....how many semi automatic rifles NOT on the AWB have an action that is "substantially dissimilar" to the ones on the AWB list? Who defines "similar" or "dissimilar"? 2 guesses and your first one doesn't count.  >:(

Yes the NRA and GOAL (the local gun rights organization) are fighting this. Fortunately even the MA Director of Public Safety questioned her in a letter and spelled out how a 1911 has the same "internal functional components" and asked if those would be part of the new ban?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »
Hillary and Obama:  "if we can save the life of just one child" when it comes to banning guns or hi cap mags.

Hillary and Obama: "chirp" (Crickets) when it comes to enforcing our laws and securing our borders and how that would most definately save the lives of dozens of US citizens and cops if multi-deported felon, rapists, drunk drivers, murders are kept out of the US.

Its amazing how out of touch they can get living inside the security bubble surrounded by SS
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 12:22:46 AM »
The overall hypocrisy is deafening.

Sooner or later the bubble will break.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal