GENERAL TOPICS > Coffee Induced Early Morning Rant

Cola Induced Late Morning Rant

(1/4) > >>

KensAuto:
You ever have one of those days?
I've been prepping the shop for some additional concrete, to extend our outdoor work space. This will be a 10' wide strip, about 60' long. It will end at a storage container, and a shed that I keep the pressure washer and steam cleaner in. I need to run power and water to the conex eventually, for lights and a swamp cooler, so I figured I'd take the newly repaired trencher and run some conduit under the future slab.
Right off the bat, I nailed the main water feed....3 feet away from where I thought it was:

...then a few feet away, and a couple hours later (after running to Lowes for pcv supplies and fixing the water) I found a live wire that feeds a yard light....on the opposite side of the shop 100' away!!!
The only way I new I had a problem was that I noticed about 100' of irrigation cable wrapped around the trencher (still not sure where it came from)

...that conduit comes out of the north wall, goes 10' north into the driveway, hooks a 90* west, then slowly curves in a large arc to the south, under my current slab...wth!!! (the marker paint was sprayed after the fact for pics)

KensAuto:
...then I hit this 4" water pipe with a 3/4" next to it.....thank goodness they didn't hook to anything!
...and luckily I wasn't going too deep because it was after mucking out the trench that I noticed the security light conduit under it, where it starts heading south. I almost cut it twice!

KensAuto:
Just when I thought that there couldn't possibly be anything else, I ran into a black pipe (gas?)....uggg. Trencher not to happy with that last one.....nor my arms after being ripped out of their sockets!

I guess it also goes under the current slab, that I poured, but not sure where it ends.
...it's not the water line to the right....that one parallels the trench I dug today.

KensAuto:
I almost did it again. I momentarily forgot that the water line, on the corner of the slab, 45s from there to the dog pen. I was just taking a scratch cut to give me a straight line, when I remembered.

KensAuto:
....and then there was the customer's car that came up missing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version