GENERAL TOPICS > Coffee Induced Early Morning Rant

Polar Shift

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIayxqk0Ees

As an Aviator, I have noted this for some time. In my Army flying days we had to correct our headings for the magnetic declination to fly a true course. That has been pretty normal. Back in the 80's that change amounted to perhaps 0.2 degrees per year, so referencing a ten year old map, one would calculate a two degree change, addition or subtraction to the drawn heading.

But

Now that change is becoming huge. The change is calculated off of the actual position of magnetic north vs its previously known position. Unfortunately now, the north pole is moving so fast that runways all over are changing their approach headings by 10 degrees and getting ready to change again. That's like hundreds of years of change based on old rknown rates of change. Something is definitely happening and its big.

It appears as though the north pole is now over northern Siberia! And the south pole is over the southern Indian ocean and is moving north. None of that is good. But it is so bad that one might not consider it at all, and just go on living their lives as if it doesn't exist. We are in a pole shift with the associated weakening (measured already) magnosphere so it is what it is. Just sharing...

Nate:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on January 30, 2019, 09:34:45 AM ---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIayxqk0Ees

As an Aviator, I have noted this for some time. In my Army flying days we had to correct our headings for the magnetic declination to fly a true course. That has been pretty normal. Back in the 80's that change amounted to perhaps 0.2 degrees per year, so referencing a ten year old map, one would calculate a two degree change, addition or subtraction to the drawn heading.

But

Now that change is becoming huge. The change is calculated off of the actual position of magnetic north vs its previously known position. Unfortunately now, the north pole is moving so fast that runways all over are changing their approach headings by 10 degrees and getting ready to change again. That's like hundreds of years of change based on old rknown rates of change. Something is definitely happening and its big.

It appears as though the north pole is now over northern Siberia! And the south pole is over the southern Indian ocean and is moving north. None of that is good. But it is so bad that one might not consider it at all, and just go on living their lives as if it doesn't exist. We are in a pole shift with the associated weakening (measured already) magnosphere so it is what it is. Just sharing...

--- End quote ---

is this just an aviation thing, or does this pertain to ground navigation as well?  I have never heard of this calculation based upon age of a map when conducting a declination?

KensAuto:
Interesting.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Nate on January 30, 2019, 10:05:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on January 30, 2019, 09:34:45 AM ---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIayxqk0Ees

But

--- End quote ---

is this just an aviation thing, or does this pertain to ground navigation as well?  I have never heard of this calculation based upon age of a map when conducting a declination?

--- End quote ---
Yea Nate, it's on all of the maps we use, even the 1:50,000 tacticals. Look in the margin. You will see a couple lines that intersect. One has an arrow which indicates true north. The other will be pointed slightly off to the right or left depending on whether the rate of change is East or West
Back to training for you!

Flyin6:
I was noting the thousands of approaches I made to Ft. Campbell Rwy 22 which is now Rwy 23. Everywhere is changing except for one really weird region. The South Pacific Anomaly as it has come to be called is an area where the reversal seems to have already happened in part. Cosmic rays there can nearly reach the surface. Flying at altitude through there is dangerous. A solar storm will likely take out ground electronics if it is a wee bit stronger. All quiet for now, but Brazil is going to become a very bad place to live in the very near future.

I haven't found any evidence for a "Soft-Reversal." Apparently each time it happens, normally once every 300,000 or so years it triggers an extinction event. If the reversal takes several hundred years it is survivable, apparently. The one we are currently experiencing may complete its cycle in a human lifetime, 80 years. Ladies and Gentlemen, put your seatbelts on...

Again no need to worry. Stay prayed up and live your life. It is what it is. Nothing at all that anyone can do to change it.

But I now begin to understand why our government has gone underground with so many projects. Base near you Shawn at the Denver airport. One reportedly has a submarine in storage well underground...!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version