GENERAL TOPICS > Coffee Induced Early Morning Rant

Ca DMV harrasment

(1/3) > >>

JR:
So about a year ago I transferred my mothers camry over to me for insurance as she could no longer drive.

When I transferred it, they gave me new Ca plates, which I don't understand and I turned in the old plates.

Over the last year I have gotten several letter to pay the old registration from DMV. Now I get a demand letter from DMV to pay, who has turned it over the tax board for collection with threats of wage garnishment, revoking state license's, property and bank liens.

All this over a car registration that was transferred? This state is getting so bad I may just buy a peice of dirt to get out of here.

Rant over for now, but possibly to be cont,,,,,,,,,, 

wilsonphil:
and the sad part there is absolutely NOTHING you can do other than go to the DMV and get 10 different stories and even if they fix it that is no guarantee it will not come back to get you in six months and you will have to start all over again.

Since in essence they are a tax collection and are listed as a "Department" instead of like most states that are a "Bureau" they can ignore most people until they get sued in court.

Nate:
so JR, you mean to tell us that you don't have any connections from your previous job that you can utilize?!

JR:
No, that worked when I did. This state SUCKS.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: JR on February 16, 2019, 08:52:21 PM ---No, that worked when I did. This state SUCKS.

--- End quote ---

It’s still considered a state? Figured it was a full blown people’s republic..... :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version