Hello Guest

Author Topic: AR15 Shopping  (Read 4966 times)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: AR15 Shopping
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:45 PM »
They came from the knowledge base area of this site?

Is that what you were referring to?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:13:26 PM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »

I meant stickied to the firearms forum area. That way if someone wanders there they don't have to wander out to a different area to get the stickies.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2019, 09:28:51 PM »

I meant stickied to the firearms forum area. That way if someone wanders there they don't have to wander out to a different area to get the stickies.

good call, ill fix it.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2019, 08:50:08 AM »
Got the lower assembled Sunday evening, cleaned the barrel and got it oiled up in hopefully all the right places.  I need to go the monthly board meeting Wed evening, so plan to show up a little early and shoot/ sight-in with the flip up sights.

Having little experience with this platform, so far I think I am relatively impressed with the parts given the price I payed.  The trigger isn't the best I've felt but it is a far cry from the worse.  I would put it in the ranks of a factory Remington 700 or Savage trigger.  Just a little creep but overall breaks relatively nicely and predictably.  Everything seems to fit together tightly, no rattles.   The safety selector and other moving parts move smoothly.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »
You can get drop in triggers for under $100 that are nice.

Have you checked the trigger for reset yet? It will seem to function normal but if you miss that little spring under the hammer you could get multiple dischargers. Just an FYI is all as it does happen.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2019, 09:17:17 AM »
Got out to the range and ran 50 rounds through the gun.  Everything checked out and ran good.

Started out at 25 yard and zeroed the flip up sights.  Then moved back to 100 yards and did some more shooting.  Overall pretty happy with the results.  I put a 2" orange dot for a aim point at 100 yards.  Those flip up sights are far from precision instruments.  It was around 6:00 and rainy/gloomy making it a bit hard to see.  I put down about a 10 round 1-1/2" group.  Moved out to 200 yards and given the lighting conditions was really just aiming at the center of a piece of cardboard.  Results would still have been minute of scumbag.

I was quite pleased with the results given how little I have sunk into this.  Sitting right now at $455 invested.  With a decent optic I am certain this gun will shoot sub-moa.  Going to try to avoid picking up an optic for a little while and just run the open sight for a bit.  I am quite interested to find out how this thing would perform out to 600 yards if I where to load up some 80 grain bullets so we will see how long I can hold out for.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2019, 10:54:16 AM »
Sounds like a solid investment so far.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2019, 02:21:59 PM »
I didn't hold out for very long.  Ran across a deal for a Bushnell AR optic.  1-4x24 FFP.  Normally $500, After sale, discount code and rebate $150 to my door, and that includes a mount.  Very close to would I was looking for so I didn't figure I should pass it up.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/scopes/rifle-scopes/ar-optics-1-4x24mm-scope-ffp-illum-btr-reticle-prod112477.aspx

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »
Looks like a nice scope.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2019, 09:47:34 AM »
Nice purchase Brian.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal