Hello Guest

Author Topic: Today is Veterans Day  (Read 347 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Today is Veterans Day
« on: November 10, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »
Happy Veterans Day (one day early)

My bad but I will be in a remote location for the next couple days...Deer season...

Thank you all of you fellow warriors. Thanks for the missed anniversaries. Thanks for standing in a dustbin while your child graduated from high school. Thanks for sucking up the hurt when you heard the day after your mother or father passed away realizing you may not be able to get back for the funeral. Thanks for putting America first, at least the part worth saving. Thanks for standing up when almost everyone else would not or had some excuse.

I want to say thanks for being a friend to me and a million other bros who needed someone to talk to when the freakin' world was just crushing you, but you had to jock up and move out anyway.

Thanks for putting up with the bad knees the broken backs and the torn rotator cups. Thanks for so many sleepless nights that you spent looking through some NVG or gunsight or at some radar screen or spent on a windswept hill overlooking a valley whose name you couldn't pronounce.
I thank you even now for that strong handshake or that free breakfast when I/we need someone who's been there to vent to. I'm sorry that you lost your marriage because you were "gone too much." And while I'm at it, thanks to all you wives and daughters and sons and brothers and sisters, moms and dads that had to sit back and wait, sometimes unsupported. Thanks for those mental and physical hardships, and thanks for understanding that that bonehead husband or daughter, or wife or son just has to get out there and "play Army" as one of my family members once accused me of.

I know you now have arthritis from many miles of carrying heavy rucks and I know you have mental scars just as bad. Although that sucks, thanks for doing the things that gave you those scars. Thanks as well for not bellyaching in front of our citizens but instead, for standing tall. That brings honor to our military and strength to our nation because millions of people knowing what we went through see us remaining strong. You are part of a very small percentage of society. You have courage, and you showed it.

You swore an oath and you upheld it. You developed integrity and that brought you honor which in turn brings our nation honor. You counted when we needed someone to grab that flag and start marching onward. And you marched off into an unknown. We who can read this were fortunate enough to have returned. Many of us feel we did not earn the right to still live and to return to normal lives while people we know and perhaps held passed from this life while wearing that uniform. But there is another hallowed day for them. Today is our day.

You did good, so happy Veterans Day.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Today is Veterans Day
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 04:45:07 PM »
Amen. Thanks to you all.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 10:05:34 PM »
Veterans Day, I used to celibate the day for my father and all the people before him. Then there was Korea, it was a terrible time period also. Next thing I knew I had a letter from our Government telling me I was going into the Army as Nam was on the front burner. I ask God to keep me safe and he kept me Stateside training others to head overseas and take up the fight.
After that the United States thought it was in our best interest to get involved in most every conflict overseas.
Veterans Day is such a special day, people need to take a moment and remember what Veterans day is all about. It isn’t just another holiday to spend time with family and friends doing whatever. We all need to stop and remember those that fought for us so we could have another day from work to do whatever. God bless.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 07:39:10 AM »
Amen! Very well stated. Thank you to all my fellow veterans

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile