Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328193 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #5900 on: March 09, 2018, 02:14:44 PM »
I honestly don’t know how many miles are on it.  I don’t ever look. I was just glad oil came out and it wasn’t empty, it didn’t come out in chunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: March 09, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »
Did 13 qts of turkey/chicken stock
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: March 10, 2018, 10:59:15 AM »
Becides working on my Freightliner we picked up a new work truck. 2018 Chevy 2500 HD crew cab short box. 6.0 gasser. Work truck edition. No carpet. No CD player. Just plain but came in silver with aluminum wheels.
Went with a gasser because we already have several diesels. Our old farm truck probably got started and shut off 30 times a day. I don't like doing that with a diesel. Becides that then I don't have to plug it in all winter.

Its funny tho every morning I jump in and wait for the nonexistent glow plugs.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: March 10, 2018, 01:08:41 PM »
I couldn’t pick between another white truck or silver. But I sure like that silver. 

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: March 10, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
I was looking at those myself.
Darned good buys if you ask me. Upper 30"s and everything you need, really.
I stopped looking when my Kubota CTL entered the picture. Have to get a 20K trailer to haul its 13K carcass and still be maxed out, so looking like a Diesel Dually when the time comes. Might go old though LBZ, LMM possibly a LML but everything I look at that is in the teens to 20's has 250K.
But, and I say again, so I don't get 14 replies about trucks for sale, not buying now...But I do like the simplicity of that straight up farm truck.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: March 10, 2018, 08:05:13 PM »
Isabella has been on me about putting steps on my truck. I haven’t found a set I like so I decided to build some. Only problem is I don’t have time. I found this set at a liquidation warehouse for $75 so I figured they will do for a while and when I’m ready to build my own the 1/4” flat metal mounting brackets will be a good investment as opposed to re-inventing the wheel. Because it was her that was complaining, I made her install them!

I also made my infamous “buzzard scat” dip for a fundraiser for the girls school!

"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: March 10, 2018, 08:05:30 PM »
When the time comes Don the LML may just be for sale. It’s only getting about 7/year out on it now that I don’t have the 5th wheel. The LB7 Is getting about 15-17k /year

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »
H.C. what is this buzzards scat......possible recipe in the food section?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: March 10, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »
Switched to Verizon wireless today, spent 4 hours there I think and dealing with ATT trying to get devices unlocked I have owned for some time was a nightmare. Anyhow, upgraded service and dropped a small fortune on several new phones.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: March 10, 2018, 09:39:14 PM »
Ditto the blizzard scat recipe question...

Stlaser if you have difficulties pm me, my son works for Verizon in cell sales

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile

Molon Labe!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: March 10, 2018, 10:02:03 PM »
Ditto the blizzard scat recipe question...

Stlaser if you have difficulties pm me, my son works for Verizon in cell sales

Thanks, Verizon was actually great to deal with. AT&T on the other hand not so much.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: March 10, 2018, 10:04:15 PM »
Isabella has been on me about putting steps on my truck. I haven’t found a set I like so I decided to build some. Only problem is I don’t have time. I found this set at a liquidation warehouse for $75 so I figured they will do for a while and when I’m ready to build my own the 1/4” flat metal mounting brackets will be a good investment as opposed to re-inventing the wheel. Because it was her that was complaining, I made her install them!

Those look like the iBoard steps that I just sold a set of. Friend bought them for me as a gift but they weren’t what I was looking for.

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: March 10, 2018, 10:17:12 PM »

Those look like the iBoard steps that I just sold a set of. Friend bought them for me as a gift but they weren’t what I was looking for.

Yep, that’s what they are

Molon Labe!

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #5914 on: March 10, 2018, 11:20:39 PM »
That buzzard scat looks delicious!

Has anyone ever heard the term bat hide to describe a $100 bill? Maybe it’s a southern Missouri thing cause these folk in Alabama haven’t heard of it. Anyway, I traded four of them for this pistol this morning. I know next to nothing about Sig pistols, even less about 1911 pistols, but for the price I couldn’t pass it up. On second thought. With a 4” barrel and external extractor is it really a 1911?

Third thought, the barrel probably is 5” but i don’t think the slide is. What the heck is this thing?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:28:17 PM by longball »

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: March 10, 2018, 11:30:09 PM »

Has anyone ever heard the term bat hide to describe a $100 bill? Maybe it’s a southern Missouri thing cause these folk in Alabama haven’t heard of it. Anyway, I traded four of them for this pistol this morning. I know next to nothing about Sig pistols, even less about 1911 pistols, but for the price I couldn’t pass it up. On second thought. With a 4” barrel and external extractor is it really a 1911?

On second thought, the barrel probably is 5” but i don’t think the slide is. What the heck is this thing?

Looks like a tacops. I have one. I love it. For showing my buddies. I wouldn’t carry it though! Your barrel is threaded for a suppressor.

Molon Labe!

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: March 10, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »

On second thought, the barrel probably is 5” but i don’t think the slide is. What the heck is this thing?

Looks like a tacops. I have one. I love it. For showing my buddies. I wouldn’t carry it though! Your barrel is threaded for a suppressor.

That’s the closest thing I’ve been able to find. If I keep it long term it’ll probably just be a fun plinker and never see any holster time. She’s a heavy pig and I already have several Glocks and M&Ps that I know are reliable.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: March 11, 2018, 12:24:17 AM »
Looks like a nice rig. Rail, long safety tang and contoured mag well.

Nice thing about a 1911 is you don't need a threaded barrel even for a comp. Just use the barrel nut and they are cheap and can be had ported!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: March 11, 2018, 01:14:27 AM »
We had a funraiser for the band/USO last night. I ended up buying a bunch of brownies and cupcakes the kids wanted. Mostly gone now as they found em today. $65 for the batch (silent auction)

Got to get a handle on this one though, 15 and 5'10" now. (tall one in the black dress)

This VET got a standing O from all. This list was to long to remember, he is 102 now and did dance!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: March 11, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »
When the time comes Don the LML may just be for sale. It’s only getting about 7/year out on it now that I don’t have the 5th wheel. The LB7 Is getting about 15-17k /year

Red hugh...
Its a nice one for sure
Maybe
Have two possible courses of action
1. Cheap: Buying it on my dime for meself
2. Absorbing it into that other thing I run and then cost is no real factor...
Time frame is not too soon though...
Leme, well, all of us know when

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: March 11, 2018, 09:04:53 AM »

Yep, that’s what they are

Nice move!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: March 11, 2018, 10:39:28 AM »

Never heard that. We call it mad money.

Sig makes nice gear. I have a couple.  They are safe queens because of the weight.  Good to know if you run out of ammo they make a great hammer.

The P229DAK in 40 survived some brutal torture tests to be selected by DHS several years ago.  Including a 200ft drop from a helo onto pavement.  Yeah. That’s gonna happen....

Nice pickup anyway.  Put a can on it and go have some fun.

$400 for a $1000 gun is a good deal anyway you look at it.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:42:17 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: March 11, 2018, 09:36:49 PM »
That’s what I was thinking. Everything I could find said they’re $1,000-1,100 (new) when in stock. I may be shunned for it but this is also the first .45 ACP I’ve owned. I don’t reckon having a second option for pistol calibers is not a bad thing.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:37:25 PM by longball »

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: March 11, 2018, 10:49:04 PM »
That’s what I was thinking. Everything I could find said they’re $1,000-1,100 (new) when in stock. I may be shunned for it but this is also the first .45 ACP I’ve owned. I don’t reckon having a second option for pistol calibers is not a bad thing.

Longball. I wouldn’t worry too much about getting shunned. I bought my first Glock and it was my first 45 and didn’t get shunned. You’re safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: March 12, 2018, 07:10:29 AM »
Why a .45?  Because they don’t make a .46!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5925 on: March 12, 2018, 08:09:02 AM »
Took my wife to Williams Gun Site by us they were having Glock Days this weekend!! She shot a couple different 9’s and came home with a 43 and sticky holster and range bag for $500 out the door.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:13:07 AM by kampfitt »
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: March 12, 2018, 08:41:34 AM »
Great deal!  Glad she’s carrying; she’s printing pretty bad in that photo though so that style of shirt won’t be viable for concealing.

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: March 12, 2018, 08:52:22 AM »
 :likebutton: my wife loves her 43

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: March 12, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
Yea I had her adjust it and it was much better, but your right about that shirt not the best for concealment.
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: March 12, 2018, 01:52:18 PM »
Mine carries a 43, but also switches up to a Compact M&P 9 sometimes

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: March 12, 2018, 08:23:32 PM »
Been looking at the new Sig 365. Not that it would replace my Shield 40 or XDS, but 10/12 rounds in a sub compact is cool.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: March 12, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »
Turned 163,000 on the LB7

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: March 13, 2018, 08:02:11 PM »
Turned 163,000 on the LB7

128,000 on mine. I looked today

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: March 13, 2018, 08:37:41 PM »
87528 on the LML

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: March 14, 2018, 07:12:11 AM »
Got to meet a very nice South Dakota DOT officer. Passed inspection with a fix it ticket. On the way home got pulled around again in the same scale. They are checking everyone. This warm weather got them busy. Wonder what they will find wrong today.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: March 14, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »
Got to meet a very nice South Dakota DOT officer. Passed inspection with a fix it ticket. On the way home got pulled around again in the same scale. They are checking everyone. This warm weather got them busy. Wonder what they will find wrong today.

I never met a nice one, although we were hauling steel always not agriculture and from what I've been told that was a big difference normally.......

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: March 14, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »
Went to dentist for routine cleaning. Wife unit texts me that battery in the minivan is dead.  Just over 3 years old.  Duracrap Gold.  At least it died in the garage.  Replaced it with the same since I got $40 pro rated.  About $50/year at this rate.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38:11 PM »
Crappy week for me. Lost keys to a customers car (first time in 32 years), hit and run in my parking lot (customers car), and this morning I got in the middle of 3 Rotties intent on killing each other (and myself). Ugh
... the blood isn't mine at least.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: March 15, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »
Your dogs?  If you were alone, I hope you had your side arm and didn't need to use it!  Three is a tough number to deal with even with a partner, three humans could at least each grab a pair of hind legs and fling a dog in a separate direction.  Hope everyone is alright.......surgical stapler and some antibiotics will patch the dogs up, provided it's just skin hanging and such.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: March 15, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »
Got to meet and talk with Joe Morgan (1975 and 1976) MLB MVP this morning.  Very nice man an great man to talk to

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5940 on: March 15, 2018, 06:45:43 PM »
Yeah Mike, my shop dogs. My .45 was close by. Luckily they have heavy collars, and I was able to choke 2 of them out, kicking the 3rd (by this time I was on the ground. lol) I don't know who got the most abuse...them or me!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: March 15, 2018, 08:22:22 PM »

Yeah Mike, my shop dogs. My .45 was close by. Luckily they have heavy collars, and I was able to choke 2 of them out, kicking the 3rd (by this time I was on the ground. lol) I don't know who got the most abuse...them or me!

You be a lucky man to come out of a 3 dog fight unhurt.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: March 15, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »
I'm not sure if you are brave or stupid, Kenneth......

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: March 15, 2018, 09:53:47 PM »

Well, if you want my opinion...... :tongue:

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: March 15, 2018, 10:25:40 PM »

..........YES.......and strong.......of course with Hildabeast being a sturdy womanesc creature he’d have to be!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: March 16, 2018, 12:11:52 AM »
I would say the latter Charles, and selfish.... Tetanus shot would be way cheaper than the vet bill!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: March 16, 2018, 06:48:59 AM »
Seat cover shopping for the new farm truck. I always had good luck with Napa ordering some for me but the last set was thin and cheaply made. Seams tore out in less than a month. Any suggestions?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: March 16, 2018, 08:10:44 AM »
Check out cover king and carhart

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: March 16, 2018, 08:58:21 AM »
GM has some pretty nice neoprene type available, we used them on all of our paint trucks. Asked a long time and fit really well

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: March 16, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
Carhartt covers are nice. I’d like to try out a pair of those cover craft ballistic covers next but they’re pricy.

Just finished my final speech for an instructor course. I am absolutely sick of talking in front of groups.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:31:16 AM by longball »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal