Hello Guest

Author Topic: Traxion overhead creeper  (Read 1533 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Traxion overhead creeper
« on: March 18, 2017, 11:31:04 PM »
Getting tired of my abbs as I work on the SUB so I finally got a Overhead creeper from Traxion. Got is for $242 shipped from Summit after price matching and a $25 coupon.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/TXN-3-700

The packing seemed OK, but a wheel hub was cracked and the upright support has a little tweek in it. It also had 1 wrong bolt in it (had a carriage bolt??) and I added a few better washers.

Youngest wanted to build it, so I sat, took pictures and helped as needed which wasn't to bad.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Traxion overhead creeper
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 11:39:01 PM »
That looks kind of flimsy. What's the weight limit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 11:45:14 PM »
He got a little flustered here and there, but did well overall.

We did put the base on backwards so the locking pin didn't match up, but it was a 4 bolt fix.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 11:48:57 PM »
Finally we slide it under the truck, he locked the rear wheels and hopped up. Then he gave it a thumbs up as we pulled the cam in the SUB.

It is not flimsy at all. Mostly square tube and a little channel. Set on the lowest height it clears the sub rad support by a couple inches (for now)

It is rated for 400lbs and felt solid when I was on it, so good to go!!           

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
Glad your boy took the initiative to help you with a project, mine wants to sit and play video games. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 12:48:17 AM »
I tweaked the locking pin mount since it was not perp and the pin was a little tough to get in our out.

It has no angle adjustment, just height. The little pig tails for hoses are OK, but I haven't used either.

It adjusts for height like an extension ladder and locks to that with hooks on both sides attached to the triangular support. It locks great, no worry's about coming loose.

Here it is on it lowest height and folded for storage. It is not small and I think it needs some way to keep it closed and the slider from coming out.

After using it a little I would give it an 8/10. Welds could be better but I have seen worse, much worse. A small tool holder would be nice also.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:49:59 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 12:51:58 AM »
Here he is at 6yrs changing a tires on the old Sami.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:52:37 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal