VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

[~ 5 months] in with my 2500 series suburban

(1/21) > >>

stewie:
It's taken a while to adjust to life with such a massive vehicle. I mean, its harder to park, i can easily run over the smart cars and prius' in front of me and I'm pretty much just handing $ over to the oil companies....but I LOVE IT.

i had to put new shoes on it - cooper discovery ATP's and they're fantastic.

so far we've put 1200 miles on it... i've gotten 18.4 mpg out of it at its peak, but it's averaging about 15mpg overall.

I know i had to put aside my cheapness and anal retentive behavior when it came to MPG when we got this truck, but i still find myself looking at and analyzing all the data on the dash when driving. 4wd works nice - it took less then a week before we actually needed it just to get out of the property.

It's going in for an oil change next week, there is a little squeaking in the brakes so they may have to be re-surfaced.

longball:
Sounds like decent mileage for a 4x4 of that size. I purchased a Superchips Cortex programmer for my last 5.3 and it helped with the mileage. Best I remember about 1 mpg around town and a little more on the highway. I could also adjust shift points and firmness which was nice. I firmed up the shifts but left everything else the same. Since I'm also OCD about mileage I use the fuelly app for all of our vehicles. If you like tracking that kind of stuff it's worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilbur:
Good for you. Nice looking rig. And that's not bad mileage for the 2500 imo....I get around that with the yukon (242k on the ticker). Plus nice to have acres for kids behind the drivers seat ha!

I wanted the Suburban when we got our Yukon but it was my wife's dd....we were getting rid of an s10 Jim my so the length of the Suburban worried me for her....which turned out to be not unfounded...the back of ours looks like she backed up by sound  :rolleyes: rock wall, dumpster, etc etc....

Bigdave_185:
Needs a good buff job to fix the sandpaper wash job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Glad you're liking the new addition. I'm getting close on a new truck (read family vehicle) myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version