Hello Guest

Author Topic: 13 Hours  (Read 4649 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
13 Hours
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »
Anyone got any inside skinny on the upcoming movie "13 Hours" about Benghazi?

Is there a political bent?  Is it factual?  Does it implicate anyone?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Hours
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »
Just saw the preview from the commercials during the debate, interested myself.

Michael Bay film... He did Transformers, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor among others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 11:32:42 PM »
I saw the previews when I saw the bond film. Looks good from what I saw and they showed a few "gotcha" lines. I don't think it is PC and it comes out before the election.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »
From what I get, the film serves to give credit to a couple of contractors who fought like a ranger company, then died, without much fanfare, and then "What difference does it make?" happened

Those guys killed, what, 60 hajis! Not bad. Imagine what all of us here in the states that still have a pair are capable of?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 08:08:08 PM »
I still don't think we have the answer to who gave the stand down order. You can't tell me that we couldn't get assets on target in a 8 hour fight.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 08:14:18 PM »
I still don't think we have the answer to who gave the stand down order. You can't tell me that we couldn't get assets on target in a 8 hour fight.

We definitely could have
First we had F16's nearby who could have diverted, made supersonic passes over the place then diverted into an airport for gas.

We had a seal team or SF QRF with a herc in Italy which could have been airborne and dropped the guys in. My old unit had some MH-47's nearby with bubbas on board who could have landed there and hosed the place up with mini-gun, while specter pounded them from above. By the time they would have arrived we could have easily parked a tanker at 25,000 and sent a couple sorties of 15's or 16's in.

A commander on the spot would have had every subordinate commander anywhere nearby with a plan to get there. Americans will RUN to a fight!

No, I say that I feel that without a doubt we were told and withheld from responding. An Army 2 star was relieved the next day, I believe because he was going to buck the president and launch a rescue anyway.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:15:01 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »
Can't figure out why that has not been a topic of discussion in the Benghazi hearings.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 08:36:36 PM »
Don your last is so important....as much as I have read about it all I am unsure of what to believe about what assets could or not be put on site in the time needed. So many times we see mouthpieces of the Obama administration say nothing could be done and while I have always doubted it without the intimate knowledge of what goes into getting planes there and helicopters delivering fire I never felt I knew enough to say for sure. Thanks for posting this.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 08:57:32 PM »
Yea, we don't go around half baked

Someone had a QRF (Quick Reaction Force) on standby somewhere.

I often stood ready up or on a 4 hour standby...That's launching within 4 hours of the beeper going off, and I did several times. Once I was fishing in Tennessee and within 4 hours I was in a flight of 8 headed to south America. They turned us around, but we made the take-off time.

Ask Bobby about the 82nd...

While in the 101st and when on "Black" cycle, we were ready to go within 24 hours to just about anywhere. That's how I ended up in Haiti. When that thing went down, first the alert came, then the visit to the colonels office where he tells me I am the flight lead and I'm leaving for Homestead AFB, FL today!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 09:10:54 PM »
It boggles the mind why Hillary let her "good friend" ambassador Stevens die a horrible death. Was it all to be able to support the narrative that UBL was dead and Al Quaeda was on the run? So that the election made BHO look good?  If so I hope they both burn in hell.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 06:36:44 PM »
It boggles the mind why Hillary let her "good friend" ambassador Stevens die a horrible death. Was it all to be able to support the narrative that UBL was dead and Al Quaeda was on the run? So that the election made BHO look good?  If so I hope they both burn in hell.

I do not know the truth in any of it

But there is some buzz about Stevens

Again, only rumor but the ugly word on the street was that Stevens was getting into some of the Musloid man-love thing.

And with boys, not men.

I hardly know what to think of that, but the guy with the cattle prod shocking the genital area of Ambassador Stevens is allegedly the father of one of the boys.

I don't want to think that has any truth in it, but if it did...and considering BHO's hand picks being either Muslim or gay, it makes me wonder...

http://hillbuzz.org/breaking-news-two-sources-in-chicago-diplomatic-circles-identify-ambassador-chris-stevens-as-gay-meaning-state-department-sent-gay-man-to-be-ambassador-to-libya-64291

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »
sick if true. Still no excuse for not getting assets on scene.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 07:32:31 PM »
What of the possibility that Stevens had something on BHO/HC that was potentially so damaging that he was "Fostered" - my Grandfather said there was a trail of bodies that ran from Arkansas to DC and anywhere in between that involved the Clintons, power and money.

The "what does it matter" comment should be enough for anyone with half their wits to understand the modus operandi of Bill & Hillary.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »
An account of that "trail"

The one that convinced me was Vince Foster.  I spent 5 years in AR during that time and the circumstances around his death are very sketchy to say the least.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.php#axzz3rhoA3GNS

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »
no comment!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:14 PM »
An account of that "trail"

The one that convinced me was Vince Foster.  I spent 5 years in AR during that time and the circumstances around his death are very sketchy to say the least.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.php#axzz3rhoA3GNS

You know, that list of Clinton deaths comes around every so often and while I think any one party on the list could be a mistake or may not be nefarious, to assume that THAT many people could die under strange circumstances is just waaaay beyond belief for any sane thinking American. Some scary stuff in that couple.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:26 PM »
Should we ever have a meet-up, remind me to connect some dots to one that should be added to the list that just clicked for me.  Hairs just stood up on back of my neck!  Family member of someone I know with ties - hit n run death........oh boy!  :'(
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »
I was in Mexico just after Billy was in office and all the bull started to fly.

Even the American papers down there where amazed at the body count that followed the Mr and Mrs slick around.

In the movie, they show the order "stand down" said by a man I cant ID, but civi clothes. Ops were telling others we don't take orders from you. Again, just the trailer.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »
What I read was he was a gay & as such expendable. He was running weapons can anyone say man pads that brought down that Russian airliner? Oh wait it was some works & tin foil in a beer can, right..... ::)

Again, only rumor but the ugly word on the street was that Stevens was getting into some of the Musloid man-love thing.

And with boys, not men.

I hardly know what to think of that, but the guy with the cattle prod shocking the genital area of Ambassador Stevens is allegedly the father of one of the boys.

I don't want to think that has any truth in it, but if it did...and considering BHO's hand picks being either Muslim or gay, it makes me wonder...

http://hillbuzz.org/breaking-news-two-sources-in-chicago-diplomatic-circles-identify-ambassador-chris-stevens-as-gay-meaning-state-department-sent-gay-man-to-be-ambassador-to-libya-64291
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »
What I read was he was a gay & as such expendable. He was running weapons can anyone say man pads that brought down that Russian airliner? Oh wait it was some works & tin foil in a beer can, right..... ::)

And with boys, not men.

Not a manpad Shawn

Max range around 3/4 kilometers...max altitude less than 10,000

Jet was up in the flight levels which start at 18,000 and extend up to 60,000.

My guess is that he was probably around FL 370 (37,000 ft)

To get up there, you are talking a SA2 which is like a telephone pole, or a SA-4 which is huge. But those would have blown that airliner into pieces.

Edit: A small explosive device could possibly bring down a 300,000 lb airplane.
An aircraft at altitude is pressurized as we know. Generally the cabin altitude is likely maintained somewhere around 7,000 which is a good compromise with human need for oxygen and enormous stresses on the airframe.

I recall reading that the passenger door on my little 50 seat regional jet I flew had to resist 16,000 pounds of pressure. That's a lot!

That means any area in the pressure vessel that size was accommodating the same stresses.

So start a small hole and violent, really violent forces are going to tear that area all apart until the pressure equals what is outside. Should the explosive decompression occur in an area festooned with flight controls, well Houston, you have a problem! Grenade an area that has a partially vacated fuel tank and the heat should cause the fuel vapor to become explosive adding to the excitement.

Place that party ahead of the big air breathers, and they will do a good job of sucking all that loose metal right into their gaping mouth.

A motor eating part of a jet will not be happy very long and at a minimum will shut down with a big compressor stall (explosion) out the front. The fact that things inside that motor are spinning at a speed that would embarrass the best F1 engine, the sudden imbalance normally introduces a big ragged looking drill bit into a state of freedom. Free to roam through the skies and wings and fuselages and people and things like that.

All in all, the result is the same as if a small nuke went off nearby. A bunch of dismembered frozen corpses get deposited over a wide area.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:42:19 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 09:35:32 PM »
I had to google manpad. I feel a bit smarter because of it.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 10:46:04 PM »
I thought that was feminine protection for Cait Jenner.....

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 10:59:10 PM »
What I read was sa6 or sa75, 45,000 or 82,000 respectfully, they called them man pads but maybe that is not the correct term for those two models. Claimed they were highly portable & mentioned the
Yom Kipper war.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:04:43 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 11:11:34 AM »
What I read was sa6 or sa75, 45,000 or 82,000 respectfully, they called them man pads but maybe that is not the correct term for those two models. Claimed they were highly portable & mentioned the
Yom Kipper war.
Not that portable really

SA6 is three missiles mounted to a tracked launcher, but requires a radar and a command center. They find you on the "Search" radar, and wait. When in range, toggle the missile and fly it remotely. Then when it gets close they fire up a high powered "Illumination" or "Tracking" radar which is akin to shining a spotlight at a distant water tower. The reflection of the light (Radar) illuminates the target. At that point a passive radar in the nose of the missile takes over and takes the little booger home.
I don't think ISIS has any...The Syrians may have had a few, but not Iraq. And keeping all that working takes sophisticated maintenance, which is not likely with ISIS boneheads. Nope, wasn't a SA6, SA-7, SA-8, SA-9 or SA-2

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal