Hello Guest

Author Topic: Here you go Don....  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Here you go Don....
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:03:37 PM »
A machine to bring any equipment you need anywhere in the Tucky....ha!

I'm guessing it goes a little slower than your regional jets....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3326046/Lockheed-s-airship-gets-green-light-approves-massive-hybrid-vehicle-launch-2018.html

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Here you go Don....
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 06:47:58 PM »
Like some of the folks I've seen around,

A Biggin!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 07:13:35 PM »
its really surprising just how long it takes for things that we have been playing with for the last 12-15 years in 3rd world countries to make it to the publics knowledge/attention.

Wilbur, that is a larger and a bit of a different configuration than the aerostat that got loose up there in your area.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 08:08:14 PM »
Wilbur, that is a larger and a bit of a different configuration than the aerostat that got loose up there in your area.

Yeah I am a ways from PA (I am in Communist MA but don't hold that against me please!) but I did think it was similar when I saw it. I do think that there is a place for using this type of technology for extremely large lift but slow speed. I see this as kind of like the trains versus the semi....trains are much more efficient per mile in terms of cost v. weight transported but come with the "cost" of only being in certain places, the need (often) for trucks to finish delivery etc etc. But I could see something like this making sense for certain things and certain times. (assuming no high winds mind you!  :o) )

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal