Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1336144 times)

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #12200 on: April 20, 2020, 11:39:48 PM »
When you say social distancing to someone in Kentucky that lives out of town, we say “okay” and just build a bigger fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: April 21, 2020, 12:30:39 PM »
Something about sittin' around a fire...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: April 21, 2020, 04:39:32 PM »
The turbo head has a bearing in it to rotate with the water stream?

Guess so, sure helps.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: April 21, 2020, 08:27:10 PM »
Tried to plow a couple furrows for planting potatoes. But the hitch broke. The planter was made for a much older tractor so we made a quick adaptation that did not work.  Had to do it the old fashioned way and get the hoe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: April 21, 2020, 10:07:10 PM »
Let’s see some more of that old deer tractor.  Always smile seeeing them

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: April 22, 2020, 01:35:16 AM »
OK, just for fun, what is the oldest thing in the picture?

Tractor, plow or you  :popcorn:

Pump went out for the pool. Gutters were dripping (salt pool) and got to it. 5 years for the bare bones pump. Ordered a new VS pump, about double the price but everything says they are worth it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: April 22, 2020, 08:37:21 PM »
OK, just for fun, what is the oldest thing in the picture?

Tractor, plow or you  :popcorn:

Pump went out for the pool. Gutters were dripping (salt pool) and got to it. 5 years for the bare bones pump. Ordered a new VS pump, about double the price but everything says they are worth it.
The planter by far. 40's. The tractor is A 55 I think.  I'm a 1973.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: April 23, 2020, 03:54:27 AM »
Dang, 73, your a youngster!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: April 25, 2020, 11:48:52 AM »
Not today, but last Saturday... family tackled splitting and stacking 4 cords of firewood. Dad and I had bucked up a bunch of maple and alder and brought it up to the landing. Then we made an investment, going halves on a 27 ton splitter. The champion machine from Home Depot proved to be a very capable machine, and made short work of our big knotty maple. There was nothing it didn’t bust open, I was very impressed.

My trusty helper

One of many loads on the way to the woodshed

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: April 25, 2020, 04:46:02 PM »

Curbing today all done

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12210 on: April 25, 2020, 05:13:49 PM »

Curbing today all done

Will be dollar for dollar one of the best investments you make. Good curbing makes regular maintenance so much easier, and looks great too

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12211 on: April 25, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
Put down paving stone for the girlfriend in front of her front porch stairs. I'm by no means a professional, in fact I'm better at breaking stuff. Turned out decent I suppose, need to add more fill under 4 stones tomorrow.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #12212 on: April 25, 2020, 06:54:23 PM »
Well welded hooks on the bucket of the tractor and made a hitch for the zero turn. Then spent 6 hours mowing and trimming and then made a little more progress on the path from the firepit to the wood rack.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: April 25, 2020, 09:01:01 PM »
I use those hooks I welded on my bucket all the time, should be standard!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: April 26, 2020, 12:04:06 AM »
In the process of the garage clean, I decided to downsize my compressor here and save the biggy for the Ridge.

Picked up a Lowes/Kobalt 60gal, 3.7hp but rated at 11cfm @ 90psi (last years model) was $50 less, minus the discount, under $500 bones.

Getting it home was as interesting as unloading. Used a 6ft extension on the picker with me hanging off the back (son missed picture)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: April 26, 2020, 12:38:47 AM »
In the process of the garage clean, I decided to downsize my compressor here and save the biggy for the Ridge.

Picked up a Lowes/Kobalt 60gal, 3.7hp but rated at 11cfm @ 90psi (last years model) was $50 less, minus the discount, under $500 bones.

Getting it home was as interesting as unloading. Used a 6ft extension on the picker with me hanging off the back (son missed picture)
I have the same one but the 30 gal and it has served me very well

NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12216 on: April 26, 2020, 01:42:32 AM »
On with the garage, it is going slow but good. Got the cabinets and shelving up and added a little box for the new video system.

Benches are still a mess, but getting there. Kept the tool box shelf as a charging area and added battery holders. 3D printer does these nice and I can make them for Dewalt 20v too (free for knuckleheads)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: April 26, 2020, 01:44:51 AM »

Reviews are good on it for the most. Kinda a step down for me with the 80/5 industrial, but it seems overkill for here.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: April 26, 2020, 02:41:16 AM »

But did you haul it home the same way? We usually post pics and make fun of strangers for doing that kind of stuff !
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: April 26, 2020, 02:44:06 AM »
Yeah why not just put it on it’s side? Oil in compressor already?
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12220 on: April 26, 2020, 08:10:10 AM »
I knew I would have to work Saturday but I thought I could get out of doing any REAL work because Cargill was open I would run a load of corn down. The other guys were going to put in couple runs of drainage tile. I wasn't gone long enough.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: April 26, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
On with the garage, it is going slow but good. Got the cabinets and shelving up and added a little box for the new video system.

Benches are still a mess, but getting there. Kept the tool box shelf as a charging area and added battery holders. 3D printer does these nice and I can make them for Dewalt 20v too (free for knuckleheads)
I’ll shoot you a text and pay for em jr.  Need five at this point.  Unless I end up at another tool sale lol

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:57 PM »

I’ll shoot you a text and pay for em jr.  Need five at this point.  Unless I end up at another tool sale lol

5, takes about 3-4 hours per, but just waiting once its going. These just don't like the sun is all. Made 4 for me. All you other DOTs just pm me is all with addy. Just bone up for shipping, consider this a unauthorized RMTW bonus :cool:

Thomas Jefferson

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: April 26, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »
 :likebutton:

5, takes about 3-4 hours per, but just waiting once its going. These just don't like the sun is all. Made 4 for me. All you other DOTs just pm me is all with addy. Just bone up for shipping, consider this a unauthorized RMTW bonus :cool:
:likebutton:

;-)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: April 26, 2020, 06:12:17 PM »
2 weeks ago we should have had our 5 K run to remember and build the scholarship for Bret (step son killed in Afghanistan) but because of the Virus we had to postponed it until Sept. They also postponed the Oklahoma City marathon because of the virus. Krysten youngest daughter (step daughter) had started running after Bret was killed, she has always said that she can hear God and Bret better when she runs. This year one of her 3rd grade students  (she is a teacher) this year had a 100 questions about running and crossing the finish line. Her student has cerebral palsy and because of this she has never been able to run a race or complete a sporting event. Krysten had asked the little girls mom about pushing the little girl in a jogging stroller for a half marathon in the OKC marathon and had it all worked out until it was postponed. Krysten found someone else with a suitable jogging stroller and push her student for 13.1 miles today. This is them crossing the finish line.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10163250937110391&set=a.10150854141915391&type=3&theater lets see if this picture works https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10163250937110391&set=a.10150854141915391&type=3&eid=ARCj2svuaKB8mmOXSLzHt7rkoe6qdXyYXtbUQfgZLsxkuTVjxXjOzGMcYN7Uux3Xqs8g8Lx4Qvy5fmIS
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:13:48 PM by oklawall »

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12225 on: April 27, 2020, 12:55:38 PM »
Took down a couple unhealthy maples in our back back yard. Dug out the stumps and planted a new red leaf maple and an oak.

Got another load of cedar chips for the playset. $35/yard, and this brings the total to 8 yards. Ouch

NRA Life Member

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: April 27, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »
Oh man.   That grass has me super jealous!!!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12227 on: April 27, 2020, 04:13:33 PM »
2 weeks ago we should have had our 5 K run to remember and build the scholarship for Bret (step son killed in Afghanistan) but because of the Virus we had to postponed it until Sept. They also postponed the Oklahoma City marathon because of the virus. Krysten youngest daughter (step daughter) had started running after Bret was killed, she has always said that she can hear God and Bret better when she runs. This year one of her 3rd grade students  (she is a teacher) this year had a 100 questions about running and crossing the finish line. Her student has cerebral palsy and because of this she has never been able to run a race or complete a sporting event. Krysten had asked the little girls mom about pushing the little girl in a jogging stroller for a half marathon in the OKC marathon and had it all worked out until it was postponed. Krysten found someone else with a suitable jogging stroller and push her student for 13.1 miles today. This is them crossing the finish line.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10163250937110391&set=a.10150854141915391&type=3&theater lets see if this picture works https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10163250937110391&set=a.10150854141915391&type=3&eid=ARCj2svuaKB8mmOXSLzHt7rkoe6qdXyYXtbUQfgZLsxkuTVjxXjOzGMcYN7Uux3Xqs8g8Lx4Qvy5fmIS

Simply amazing!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: April 27, 2020, 04:34:14 PM »
Nice yard.

She looks happy, things like that do so much for everyone.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: April 27, 2020, 08:36:25 PM »
Can’t believe you put wheeled equipment on that beautiful lawn

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: April 27, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
Can’t believe you put wheeled equipment on that beautiful lawn

So it’s really green and nice now, but that area we refer to as the “back back”. It’s not irrigated, and i do not maintain it like “the lawn”. I would not drive my truck and dump trailer over my lawn lol

The back back is beyond the short black fence, which separates the two

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:43:57 PM by Dawg25385 »
NRA Life Member

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: April 27, 2020, 10:12:00 PM »
Yeah. Nice and green. Looks great Kyle.

Tonight I pulled 400 45 rounds apart.
Rolled them up two nights ago, and had a feeling about them.
Went to package them up tonight and discovered my woes.

Last 1000 were 200 gr fn.
These were 230 gr rn.
5.7 grains of titegroup in the 200’s would not be so beuno behind the 230’s.
Went to my books and had missed bullet weight. Also explains COL issues.

Someone watching over me today.
4.6-4.8 is the load for the 230’s.
20% extra not be fun.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: April 27, 2020, 10:55:55 PM »
Made a new friend and got a source for raw milk. The only thing better than having your own milk cow is having friend that has one! We are bartering for a few gallons a week.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: April 27, 2020, 11:00:02 PM »
Jersey or swiss?  I forget my colors after 24 years.... :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:00:53 PM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: April 27, 2020, 11:05:31 PM »
Jersey

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: April 28, 2020, 05:16:54 AM »
Cows like bud light.  Whoda thunk it?

Sam,  wow. I get so paranoid the longer I load the grater the chance it happens.  Glad you caught it
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:17:54 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: April 29, 2020, 06:23:39 AM »
On Saturday I got a surprise phone call about a job change at work, finally time to move into the office and start doing estimates on houses and build plans.   Saturday I stewed over it and didn’t sleep, Sunday I made sure i slept with a whiskey, Monday I survived Tuesday I slept.  Tonight.  Not so much

Change bothers me, it always has.   Never mind it being good or bad.   It’s different and messes me up.   So.  I am up stewing over Ways to streamline the new tasks, adjust spreadsheets to be more intuitive. 

Can’t sleep!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: April 29, 2020, 09:26:03 AM »
On Saturday I got a surprise phone call about a job change at work, finally time to move into the office and start doing estimates on houses and build plans.   Saturday I stewed over it and didn’t sleep, Sunday I made sure i slept with a whiskey, Monday I survived Tuesday I slept.  Tonight.  Not so much

Change bothers me, it always has.   Never mind it being good or bad.   It’s different and messes me up.   So.  I am up stewing over Ways to streamline the new tasks, adjust spreadsheets to be more intuitive. 

Can’t sleep!

Man that's tough. Wish I had some words of wisdom but I hate change as well.
I guess we can look up to guys like Shawn that love change.... I mean, heck, the guy changes his gender at least twice a week!

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: April 29, 2020, 11:09:34 AM »
Change: Most people don't do well with it.

The military exploits it as a hindrance to someone we don't like. Causes disruption and people to be less effective and annoyed for a short time. That's a good time to make big changes in their lives!   :evil:

But change also accounts for the advancement of mankind. In small ways and in big ones too.

Being uncomfortable is a good thing. Change causes growth. Causes us to be exposed to a different set of rules which we must learn to manage. Change exposes us to the unknown, and arouses fear in us. Stepping up to and conquering that fear makes us better.

Change can be good most of the time.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: April 29, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »
Can’t wait till I can settle in again,   Office people are nice. Me and one other,  Air conditioner, less nose boogers, no cramps in my shoulder from 32000 linear feet of trim to spray!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12240 on: April 29, 2020, 03:34:41 PM »

Can’t sleep!

Man that's tough. Wish I had some words of wisdom but I hate change as well.
I guess we can look up to guys like Shawn that love change.... I mean, heck, the guy changes his gender at least twice a week!

Not often I give you credit Ken (probably because your gf H is busy taking it constantly....) but that was pretty good....

Dave, suck it up buttercup. Just remember everyday you’re interviewing for your next job so you must have done something right.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: April 29, 2020, 05:37:34 PM »

This beautiful truck rolled into the office today, frame up rebuild. 

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: April 29, 2020, 06:09:01 PM »
First day of soybean planting.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: April 29, 2020, 06:47:53 PM »
L  O  N  G  rows right there!^^^^^^^^^^

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12244 on: April 29, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
Jon. That’s my kind of social distancing.  Dave, I work for a fortune 5 company and what I can tell you about change is that although it’s hard, if you can embrace it and master it, you can accomplish a great deal.  It gets harder as you get older because we get set in our ways, but if you wake up every day and challenge yourself to change and adapt and overcome you will go far.  Always be learning and always lean into the challenges and embrace change as uncomfortable as it is..  then you get to the zen level where you are the one DRIVING the change.  It’s like that high you get when you let go of the spark plug boot on the alcohol super stock dirt car at 130,000 volts.  You feel alive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: April 29, 2020, 07:21:39 PM »
L  O  N  G  rows right there!^^^^^^^^^^
3/4 of a mile. We have 2 fields like this. Seems like they take forever to get done!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: April 29, 2020, 09:32:33 PM »
Duramax question

What is this from!!!

Passenger side front, inner fender well is covered in it.   Stinks to high hell.  Drips a knuckle size I assume every night.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: April 29, 2020, 10:17:17 PM »
Under the fender or top of the fender well?
Under would be an axle seal...gear oil.
Or CV boot ripped slinging thinned out grease?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:17:59 PM by KensAuto »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: April 29, 2020, 10:21:31 PM »
The side towards the hood,   The side I can’t see

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: April 29, 2020, 10:53:59 PM »
The only thing that the lbz is known for as a weak link in that area is the tranny cooler lines?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal