Author Topic: 5.7 X 28  (Read 93 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
5.7 X 28
« on: April 26, 2024, 08:42:46 AM »
Look at this deal:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/411561584/smith+%26+wesson+m%26p5.7+5.7x28mm+tac+pac+w+5+mags+tactical+light+%26+knife?trk_msg=4P5DFCADJSN4D6MFAOMKDENCUO&trk_contact=P5PV5640HG0K44U1UC0UID1EUC&trk_sid=LG95JO0UIEKG8ORRP8NTAVR0AC&trk_link=APA35DAUD764H6SR3E4EN06A80&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=%24650.00+Free+Shipping&utm_campaign=bgssnw042524

I heard all sorts of good things about this round when I was in Afghanistan. It had drill like qualities and was ab le to defeat most of the carrier plates around at the time. Am I still interested in it? Could one sustain oneself in ammunition for something designed to fire a lot of rounds?
and
22 rounds per magazine!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: 5.7 X 28
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 09:27:47 AM »
I recall that round, when o bummer got elected you couldn’t find any of that ammo anywhere.

Ashley had a friend with a gun in that round back then and I recall him hitting me up. I’d say if you get one have the coin to buy several cases and stock up. I personally don’t need another round and I like the .22mag in the pmr-30 obviously not comparable ballistics but I have several rifles and pistols in 22wmr already and it’s a light fairly powerful round. That pistol has 30 rd mags too.

I’ve personally been stocking up on .410 as of late. When looking at my inventory I was light on small game shot. The wife and I are planning on grouse hunting this year to get us out of the cabin after the big game push is over.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 5.7 X 28
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 07:31:27 PM »
I recall that round, when o bummer got elected you couldn’t find any of that ammo anywhere.

Ashley had a friend with a gun in that round back then and I recall him hitting me up. I’d say if you get one have the coin to buy several cases and stock up. I personally don’t need another round and I like the .22mag in the pmr-30 obviously not comparable ballistics but I have several rifles and pistols in 22wmr already and it’s a light fairly powerful round. That pistol has 30 rd mags too.

I’ve personally been stocking up on .410 as of late. When looking at my inventory I was light on small game shot. The wife and I are planning on grouse hunting this year to get us out of the cabin after the big game push is over.
I don't necessarily see myself as needing a 5.7 but a few of the operators were all over that gun over in the stan. Not sure if anyone got shot by one over there, have to ask around.

And the .410 thing is a great idea. You had me wanting to buy two. One for me and one for an up and coming grand daughter who needs to do some field time with me.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal