Hello Guest

Author Topic: Am I the only one  (Read 656 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Am I the only one
« on: February 22, 2022, 06:28:00 PM »
Who thinks that you just don’t do certain things out of respect for a fellow human being just because it’s the right thing to do?

You know like I don’t bother people on Sunday.

You don’t go up to a strangers table while they are eating a meal with family and bother them.

Sorry, these are the two that are fresh in my mind. I think as the world gets more wicked by the day we whom we’re raised with some respect / morals need to push back against those who have none. If nothing more than to set an example to those who had no respectful upbringing taught.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 06:28:41 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 08:12:04 PM »
Does that go for people that relentlessly tell H jokes?

I've ran rude customers out of the office for interrupting other customers, or when I'm on the phone and they think they're more important. Just a couple examples.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 08:17:16 PM »
Shawn, you are correct in assuming there should be a code of conduct, a code of ethical behavior, and behavioral norms

Others who do not realize they are out of bounds should be reminded and taught of proper behavior

It's the means by which you teach them that is the big question.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 08:47:47 PM »
Does that go for people that relentlessly tell H jokes?

I've ran rude customers out of the office for interrupting other customers, or when I'm on the phone and they think they're more important. Just a couple examples.

No, I can’t help it you had that bumper sticker…….

Good examples otherwise

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 08:49:05 PM »

Then this popped up in one of my feeds tonight….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 08:56:43 PM »
Don is right. Society has to police its morays and customs.

I find that gentle correction first gives me the moral authority to light them up if they don’t accept the coaching at first

Like showing them the “no soliciting” on my door when they come trying to sell me something. 

“Which part of no soliciting don’t you understand?”

Or when they keep going when I say I’m not interested. 

Yeah those are a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 09:01:08 PM »
Don, my means isn’t very warm and fuzzy. As my wife put it, I went from zero to 100 miles an hour in a very direct and in your face kind of way. It caught her off guard even which as a former er nurse doesn’t happen often.

This was at lunch today with the better half(latest incident in a small diner I go to maybe once a week by the shop). This guy has targeted me before and I let it slide the first time as I was with some other guys. I ignored him the best I could at the time. Twice is a no go for me and he moved into her space more than I was comfortable with. Again the target was me I believe. You see I’m a carrier of the gene, I attract people who should know better but don’t. I call them “stupid people”, yes I carry the stupid people attraction gene. Me of all people or targets, I’m sure there are easier targets and my wife doesn’t understand why or how people would choose me. It happens often though, we have even discussed if I’m not being attacked in a spiritual way. You know to elicit the response I give. It’s possible but I’m not going to change. The wife’s concern is someday you will run into the wrong person. To which I agree it will probably happen, this concerns her I suppose for good reason maybe. Anyhow, at least I’m not alone.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:05:11 PM by stlaser »

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 08:59:16 AM »
Even working on a military base the look of surprise I get when I stand up for them whenbthey walk up to my desk to ask questions. Just like they never had anyone do that to them before.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 10:02:36 AM »
Show of respect, it’s a give and take. You’re disrespectful then you get it in return imo. I may let it slide once but if you have any inkling of common sense you’ll know the first time it wasn’t ok.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 11:13:44 AM »
You're right on. Common courtesy is no longer common. It seems like a vast part of our society has been so convinced of their own importance, that they expect courtesy to only apply TO them.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 02:03:19 PM »
Don, my means isn’t very warm and fuzzy. As my wife put it, I went from zero to 100 miles an hour in a very direct and in your face kind of way. It caught her off guard even which as a former er nurse doesn’t happen often.

This was at lunch today with the better half(latest incident in a small diner I go to maybe once a week by the shop). This guy has targeted me before and I let it slide the first time as I was with some other guys. I ignored him the best I could at the time. Twice is a no go for me and he moved into her space more than I was comfortable with. Again the target was me I believe. You see I’m a carrier of the gene, I attract people who should know better but don’t. I call them “stupid people”, yes I carry the stupid people attraction gene. Me of all people or targets, I’m sure there are easier targets and my wife doesn’t understand why or how people would choose me. It happens often though, we have even discussed if I’m not being attacked in a spiritual way. You know to elicit the response I give. It’s possible but I’m not going to change. The wife’s concern is someday you will run into the wrong person. To which I agree it will probably happen, this concerns her I suppose for good reason maybe. Anyhow, at least I’m not alone.
Although I applaud your devotion to your moral compass, which I find to be well calibrated, it will challenge you someday

And I think I know you

You have strong personal pride

That helps and hinders too

I think your biggest challenge is going to happen when you come to realize in a real and personal way that Jesus was not like that. I like you, so its not a personal attack at all, I care so I'm just warning you, that's all. Jesus has us swallow our personal pride to show offenders love which you (and I) do not think they are worthy of.

But

I know that you love the lord, Jesus, that is, so I predict that a day similar to what I describe here is probably coming. An appointment that may be actually made for you by the evil one. You know tempting Jesus in the wilderness and all. I think that will be your moment.

A guy like this offender you spoke of just may offer you that exact Jesus moment opportunity. I wish I would be there to help you through it, but I also think it will be your challenge to face alone.

OK, I'm done...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 02:05:42 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Am I the only one
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2022, 05:59:21 PM »
John 18:10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. 11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:21:39 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2022, 06:14:08 PM »
I hear you Don. Jesus was perfect, I am not and he’s well aware as am I.

Had the wife not been in arms length (or even in the building) of this guy as he approached me it would have went down a little different I imagine. It was a completely different scenario the time before. However, when it comes to the wife and kids I have little tolerance. No regrets here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal