GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

Chinooks

<< < (139/139)

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on January 07, 2024, 01:27:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on January 06, 2024, 08:54:58 PM ---Yea, maybe just a little too low...

https://www.facebook.com/reel/900477671697516

--- End quote ---

Well, if no one got hurt, it wasn't to low.

--- End quote ---
Yea, the way I feel
But
I doubt the Safety Officer and the Commander would share the same belief.
My money says that the pilot in command is having to work pretty hard to keep his wings.

JR:
Someone gave him clearance, Maverik would be proud.

Maybe a good ass chewing but I would not have wanted to be under those blades!

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on January 07, 2024, 05:43:57 PM ---Someone gave him clearance, Maverik would be proud.

Maybe a good ass chewing but I would not have wanted to be under those blades!

--- End quote ---
No, me either. And for the record, that is too low and taking unnecessary risk. That rotor blade is 27.5 feet in length. I'd say the blades were passing from 5-10 feet from things and people. Unfortunately, if I had to sit on the FEB board where we can actually remove a pilot's wings, I could not have voted in favor of this guy. Soldiers and our equipment are precious. And we have a finite number of 47's. He showed a blatant disregard for all of that. Either that or he seriously misjudged his aircraft's position.

JR:
I understand, it was close, but cool.

Aren't they building them?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on January 08, 2024, 08:44:53 PM ---I understand, it was close, but cool.

Aren't they building them?

--- End quote ---
Building them? As in is Boeing still building Chinooks? Yes they are. Many armies around the world are purchasing them. Most of the active Chinooks in the US Army were first built in the 60's. They just keep getting rebuilt. Most started as "B" and "C" models. Now we had the "D", the "E", and now the "F". A very special special operations variant, the "G" model is flown only by the US Army's 160th SOAR.

I don't think any other helo on earth provides that much lift per pound of aircraft weight. Eliminating the tail rotor is the secret and the counter-rotating rotor system is torque canceling and that long fuselage tends to fly well in rough air.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version