Hello Guest

Author Topic: Air filter and MAF clean.  (Read 898 times)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Air filter and MAF clean.
« on: August 04, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »
Step one: become disgusted with the amount of overboost codes you have popped when towing in fairly innocuous situations when you're not even half in the throttle.
Step two: become even further disgusted with the subsequent performance when it starts to defuel and you've got to slow down going over the pass.
Step three: $26.95 at o'reilly's for basic filter and CRC MAF cleaner
Step four: 15 min w/ Sophie helping to pull and replace the filter, clean the MAF and reinstall everything.
Step five: Enjoy a victory bourbon as you realize you've killed two birds with one stone as the white hazy smoke you associated with failing injectors is now gone as well as the dirty filter and MAF.

Lesson learned: changing filters regularly and cleaning sensitive electrical components might be more important on the duramax than they were on my old Beretta...
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Air filter and MAF clean.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:42 PM »
I like step 5, but need to do the Blazer. It stumbles on hard throttle.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Air filter and MAF clean.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
GREAT idea Tate!  I'm joining you in step 5 right now -  ;D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal