Hello Guest

Author Topic: The audacity of certain companies and people in general never cease to amaze me  (Read 437 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Just when I thought I'd have been put in every situation in business I get one coming at me from left field. At this point in my life I would think that most things wouldn't surprise me but then you have "people"...…

So the back story is I have wholesaled steel components (parts etc) for 20 years give or take. I have been in the off road market for just about as long. So last night I log onto PBB and it had been a couple weeks. I received a message from another vendor who I know. He sells disc conversion kits soley, when he started selling he sold kits built by a long time wholesale customer of mine.

GLO always sold disc brake kits, my kits and my design. Paul 15 years or so ago through a mutual friend approached me wanting to buy components. We came to an agreement (simple word of mouth) and I sold him parts and he produced kits. As time went on I started selling his kits for him as his only seller and he would package and ship. Then one day he started wholesaling his kits to another guy aka this vendor who decided to message me on PBB. It wasn't long and this seller copied all of Paul's parts or mine etc....

I'll post a couple screen shots that will explain the dialogue. However one of Paul's design that we built was a component kit to make the 76-78 caddillac rear ebrake eldorado calipers function properly. We built these for Paul as well just never sold them as to not step on his toes. The reality is the parts weren't really Paul's design as GM had built them and then quit producing them. These kits that I started selling recently individually is what has created this drama. 

His message

My response

Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
All with the sinister diesel this past week trying to copy right “blue” diesel parts to be exclusive to them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
It’s gotten better Dave, come to find out this guy is posting on my sale threads as if I stole his designs. I reported him to the mods there & posted up all the details in the vendors only section as well so all the vendors can see what a dill rod this guy is....

I’ve had guys steal my designs and threaten to sue me in the past too. Actually they threatened my wife via a phone call. I called them back and explained how a lawsuit & open check book works with an attorney. Think my last statement was telling them to go for it & we’ll see how deep your pockets are in fact. That pretty much ended that conversation. Kinda like the saying where I’m not afraid of the guy who talks about kicking my rear I’m afraid of the guy who never says a word & comes up & busts me in the mouth.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Good grief man. That kind of crap takes the fun out of business.  Your rep pulls you through the BS, but still sucks to have to deal with it.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Ken, the flip side is there isn’t bad publicity if you run your business correctly. What this will tell potential wholesale vendors is we keep our word and won’t steal your designs....

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just when I thought I'd have been put in every situation in business I get one coming at me from left field. At this point in my life I would think that most things wouldn't surprise me but then you have "people"...…

So the back story is I have wholesaled steel components (parts etc) for 20 years give or take. I have been in the off road market for just about as long. So last night I log onto PBB and it had been a couple weeks. I received a message from another vendor who I know. He sells disc conversion kits soley, when he started selling he sold kits built by a long time wholesale customer of mine.

GLO always sold disc brake kits, my kits and my design. Paul 15 years or so ago through a mutual friend approached me wanting to buy components. We came to an agreement (simple word of mouth) and I sold him parts and he produced kits. As time went on I started selling his kits for him as his only seller and he would package and ship. Then one day he started wholesaling his kits to another guy aka this vendor who decided to message me on PBB. It wasn't long and this seller copied all of Paul's parts or mine etc....

I'll post a couple screen shots that will explain the dialogue. However one of Paul's design that we built was a component kit to make the 76-78 caddillac rear ebrake eldorado calipers function properly. We built these for Paul as well just never sold them as to not step on his toes. The reality is the parts weren't really Paul's design as GM had built them and then quit producing them. These kits that I started selling recently individually is what has created this drama. 

His message

My response

Redhawk 1, this is red team leader, Fight's on!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Sorry I missed this. Fire for effect!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal