Hello Guest

Author Topic: Texas Prom 2019  (Read 1970 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Texas Prom 2019
« on: April 27, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »
So not sure if this is the correct place but I’m posting it here and Nate move it if you need to...

As some of you know years ago and I’m still not sure why to this day Don approached me and said you need to speak to this guy Ashley from Texas. Honestly, I rolled my eyes similar to the day Don called my shop and the wife told me I needed to stop my weekly 3.5 hour mowing job to call him back. So since then Ashley and I have become pretty good cross country friends, to the point Don thinks we’re related. In the meantime my oldest you know Baylee has become friends with Ashley’s oldest Lexi.

So fast forward to I think it was Weds night this last week. Ashley texts and he’s pretty hot under the collar. Lexi has a boyfriend who decided to dump her a week prior to prom. Add to it the fact that she goes to a small school in little Gary east Texas. Her friends all have dates and after exhausting all resources went back to the clown bf to ask if they could just go to prom as friends. Guy hadn’t even rented a tux. So Dad (Ashley) has a valid reason to be upset in my book. As it were Lexi was now not going to the big dance. You get the idea, hair and nail appointments made and dress bought.

So as we’re texting about this I said “well, Baylee has a dress or twenty.” Immediately Ashley states I wouldn’t ask her to fly down here. To which my reply was “it’s just a short plane ride.” He then does the most stand up Dad thing ever and says if she’ll come I’ll buy the ticket. So I call Baylee up and tell her what’s up, no hesitation she says “I want to go!” So we clear the program with momma and rest is history.

Baylee flew to Shreveport Friday evening and it just so happens Monday is a day off of school for Baylee. She will be back in Denver at 8:30 am. Couple poser shots for you crusty old guys....

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:35:27 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Prom 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 09:10:58 PM »
Way to go!  Kids can be cruel. Glad it all worked out and she will have a much better time.

Here in MN today my son had prom as well plus it's my wife and I 22nd anniversary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 11:08:34 PM »
What a great story!  Way to go gents. You were that close I’d have been happy to help bury the body....

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 11:38:51 PM »
Very nice ending for such a mess to start with.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 01:04:04 AM »
Heck yeah!    Much rather my baby girl go to prom with a kick A friend than some dipshiz boy with ill intent

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 09:54:18 AM »
Thanks guys and Charles we all know who to call when bodies need disposed of!

Last I heard everything went as planned and they made it to prom and we’re having a great time. Word has it Ashley bought a new sxs (not that we would know because he never comes around anymore) and Baylee was promised a ride today.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »
That was a selfless act from the lady from Colorado, coming to the assistance of the lady from Texas.

Way to go!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 01:26:48 PM »
That is awesome.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 03:38:05 PM »
 :likebutton:
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 07:37:19 PM »
That's friggin awesome. Good for them.
Mike, good lookin' (young) kid.. you sure he's your's? ;)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 07:44:20 AM »
That's friggin awesome. Good for them.
Mike, good lookin' (young) kid.. you sure he's your's? ;)

I love kids like Baylee and Lexi. You hear so many stories about kids these days it is heartwarming when you see what is rarely ever reported. We still need a status report of how it all went! I'll bet they had fun. There are events in a kids life that tend to stick out and prom seems to be one of them.

Ken--- I'm sure that kid is my wife's! LOL and as a side note. I am really grateful for the choices my kids have made relative to who their friends are and who they hang around. Takes a little worry out of events like this.  :likebutton:

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 10:21:08 AM »
Everything went well, she just landed and at airport waiting for her to get off the train.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »
Having chaperoned multiple Proms.....great solution, and kids who go as friends, group of friends almost always have the best time anyway!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal