PERSONAL READINESS > Soldier Up

Changed my diet entirely to be plant based only!

<< < (18/19) > >>

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: EL TATE on July 31, 2017, 12:33:04 PM ---One all veggie day a week, less processed, more veggies in general, lower processed carbs, better choices on meat, like whole cuts vs fatty hamburgers etc. all things we try to focus on and have been much happier and healthier overall. I'm down 30lbs from where I was 4 years ago, and no longer take any daily medications for my back and knees. your body type, size, muscle mass, probably just requires MORE in general to keep at peak performance, but there's nothing wrong with mixing it up now and again.

--- End quote ---
Yea, I can see all of that

I have always been a big guy. Lots of muscle mass and generally I have been in great health.

I still have good performance, but I was focusing on cellular level health borne maladies.

But, hey, I'm 63 and yesterday doing martial arts training with my team. So, it's not all bad, I suppose.

rpar86:

--- Quote from: cruizng on July 31, 2017, 09:34:33 AM ---With pictures of everything yummy the DOT's were not very supportive..  :laugh:

But I do think it is what makes you happy. I am currently on my second round of No Sugar/No Carbs diet. Weight 270# and over 9 months on the diet went down to 215#. Then had 6 inches of my colon removed and down to 200#. Then packed holes in my belly for two months and eating whatever I liked back up to 225#. Year later back up to 255#. Now back on the diet for two weeks down to 244#. I give all the credit to my wife. She fixes my lunch and dinners and I just eat only what's put in front of me. Goal is to get back to that 210# range. My kids said I look unhealthy at 215# but they haven't really ever know me at that weight. The thing for me about the No Sugar/No Carb diet is the Ketosis aspect. I only loose when I'm are in Ketosis. IF you CHEAT you go out of Ketosis and it takes me three days to get back into Ketosis. The only problem I had the first time was severe cramping on legs and feet when trying to relax (sleep). No I have been taking Potassium and that seems to be stopping the cramping. We will see.

I can still eat like a caveman with salads thrown in there and not hungry all the time at all. So this works for me. Just have to apply discipline ongoing once get to my ideal weight.

:popcorn:

--- End quote ---

^^ This.  Keto works. I've cheated a bit, but only dealt with the Keto flu once when I first started.

stlaser:
Here, for all you wanting to lose some weight & get healthier. Denninger sums it up pretty well I think.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232274

Flyin6:
Good read^^^^

And, I concur

Higher Caliber:
Update??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version