FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

New toy...Tree Scissors

<< < (2/8) > >>

KensAuto:
Come on guys. What's wrong with having the words 'Don' and 'Super High-powered Hydro Shears' in the same sentence? What could possibly go sideways?  :popcorn:

stlaser:
I’ve dropped a few trees, mainly hardwoods. They sometimes have a mind of their own. I’ve even known professionals with steel pins in their legs because one kicked wrong on a drop. Best of luck to you but I wouldn’t be dropping them with that. Cutting them into firewood chunks once on ground is a different story. But then it begs the question of why wouldn’t you just buy a processor attachment for your skid steer and cut / split wood to be able to sell the excess.

Farmer Jon:
I have seen a few different versions of this. I have never seen one in action.

Bear9350:
Yeah, I wouldn't want to snip a 14" off and not have any control of where it is going to land.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on October 28, 2018, 08:44:37 PM ---It’s a pinch or side pass cutter?  No moving saw blade?

Imagine you could pay it off pretty fast with selling wood

What is the plan to re plant your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Replant???

It's Kentucky, things will pop up the next week

I need to open the fields up completely by removing a 20-50 foot ring of eastern cedars around say 40 acres (Thousands of trees). I'll repurpose them into lumber and smoke.

Yes, the thing just snips the tree off, and Charles, the blade edge (Wedge vs equilateral edge will shove the trunk to the left every time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version