Hello Guest

Author Topic: SOF to swarm SW United States  (Read 766 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SOF to swarm SW United States
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »
Good training, nothing more

Without giving away the farm, I have done the exact same thing myself, several times when I was "in the community"

First of all Special Operations forces are very small in number. Against a population like the United States an ODA (Operational detachment: Alpha or "A" team) is 12 men who could scarcely secure a Super Walmart box store let alone a Texas town.

The population is deemed "Hostile" because in the country they are training for (Yemen, Somolia) most of the citizens will be hostile. We like to train to realistic standards in realistic situations, so there you have it.

Once we did this in Detroit. Hmmm, never heard about that??? Well, what do ya know...
Anyway during that one, the Detroit police were briefed and their job was to capture and jail our guys if they could. I seem to recall one of the teams infiltrated a beer plant of some sort and took an extended break in the ceiling rafters for a few days...Yea

So don't make anything more of it than it is, a training exercise. My wish is that they do this and often so they are well tuned for the day when they jump out the door of the helo, it's Somalia!

Let's support em'
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:33:15 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 10:47:45 AM »
Thanks Don.  didn't know what to think of it.  On one hand we need to keep our boys well trained and its better to make some mistakes in a training exorcize than in real combat.  On the other hand, Ruby Ridge, Waco and a few other scenarios we all know well tell me that government use of force against us is not a far fetched idea either.  I hope if the government ever gave that type of order en masse that our soldiers with a knowledge of the constitution would ignore illegal orders.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »
more sweat and tears in training means less blood on the battle field!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal