WEAPONS > Firearms

Getting pieces for a new rifle

<< < (3/10) > >>

Bear9350:

--- Quote from: rcampbell on February 02, 2018, 06:29:08 PM ---Stock arrived today. Really impressed with the feel of it. Bottom metal fits very nicely. 3 sling studs, and pillars already installed. Once I get the KMW cheek piece hardware in the, it will be a very usable stock for sure.

--- End quote ---

Curious what bottom metal you have.  Most bottom metals work with most triggers but there are a couple combinations where you would need to shorten the trigger to fit.

TexasRedNeck:
I’m a big fan of flush cups. I like one on each side at the front.  Allows a good tension with the sling when wrapped around your forearm and wrist. While still allowing your hand to rest right under the stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear9350:

--- Quote from: JR on February 02, 2018, 06:43:19 PM ---Funny, I was just thinking about getting building a 308. Doubt I need it as custom as you guys are going just want a solid BA shooter that uses mags.

Maybe just a good ol rem 700 SA is all I need but will follow this!

--- End quote ---

If you are wanting to go with a factory gun I would look at a Howa or Tikka.  The new Remington's can be hot or miss.  My 700 SPS would not shoot less then 1moa.  Most days it was a 1-1/2 moa gun no matter the ammo.  I thought it might be me until I shot my brother's Howa and was shooting sub 1/2 moa groups with cheap ammo.

Howa released a new package deal.  They are putting their barrelled action in the KRG chassis that I just bought for my custom gun.  It is a chassis but looks very stock like and offers a detachable mag.

If you want a chassis you could go with the Howa HCR.  Or you could purchase the barreled action from Brownells or online and find the stock of your choosing.   The barreled actions generally come set up with a hinged floor plate.  Any of those options should get you a nice shooting, accurate gun for under a grand.

JR:
Think sportsman warehouse had both of those. I will look both over some but sub MOA is a must.

Bear9350:
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/bolt-action/krg-bravo-308-win-24-black-10-1-threaded-prod115734.aspx?avs%7cMake~~Model_1=Howa__1500%2bBravo

I think you could piece this exact gun together for $300 less of you got the barrelled action on sale and picked up the chassis separate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version