TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Alternative Energy

Wood Fired Boiler Install

<< < (2/106) > >>

Nate:

--- Quote from: stlaser on September 17, 2018, 05:35:37 PM ---Nice thing about those is if you get a large enough door you really don’t need to split much wood

--- End quote ---

:likebutton:

dave945:
Definitely interested in this, what with only being about 20 miles away from your house and being all electric as well. Have plenty of Woods around the house to keep it stoked too. I am starting to look into alternatives to the heat pumps, so this is very timely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyB:
Alot of the farms and houses out in the country have those. They aren't too popular with people who have neighbors nearby as the smoke blows into their place. However, if I ever build a house I'm getting one of those. Digging trenches aren't hard.

Bob Smith:
My wife's cousin heats their place in Montana with one, only problem is deciding which one of them will be feeding it in the morning. I think it takes like 3 ft pieces and for the most part smaller rounds so not much splitting. With the slabs, only need to cut to length and stack near by. Wood smoke, I guess the neighbors will get used to it or not. Not as bad as summer and the forest fire smoke all around.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on September 17, 2018, 07:21:10 PM ---Alot of the farms and houses out in the country have those. They aren't too popular with people who have neighbors nearby as the smoke blows into their place. However, if I ever build a house I'm getting one of those. Digging trenches aren't hard.

--- End quote ---

A lot of places like what I envision Don to have as a home place have restrictions on them that they need to have stacks a certain height to get smoke above neighbors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version