VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

2011 Silverado Leather seat re-do

<< < (2/2)

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Sammconn on August 03, 2022, 05:29:32 PM ---So chief, to be clear they recommend the leather vinyl as factory?

I would have thought all leather may be better.
Looking for clarification as I’ll likely be doing this as well.

--- End quote ---
Yes, GM uses leather on front seating surfaces only in leather seats equipped vehicles. Some Cadillacs may be different.

The leather/vinyl combo is recommended because in time the leather stretches on the sides and will, over time, assume a more wrinkled appearance. Vinyl maintains its shape and therefore looks the same throughout its lifespan. Not Steve, but another LS salesperson recommended I stay with leather/vinyl as it looks factory, looks great, and stays that way

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on August 04, 2022, 10:35:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on August 03, 2022, 09:10:08 PM ---I don’t understand the brown on a black and grey truck myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Truck is black.
Basically the same color scheme GMC currently uses

--- End quote ---
Your headliner is grey, what I was referring to.

I don’t care for it in the new or the old. My 07 had a light brown peanut color brown.  I thought it was terrible. 

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on August 04, 2022, 08:47:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on August 04, 2022, 10:35:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on August 03, 2022, 09:10:08 PM ---I don’t understand the brown on a black and grey truck myself

--- End quote ---
Truck is black.
Basically the same color scheme GMC currently uses

--- End quote ---
Your headliner is grey, what I was referring to.

I don’t care for it in the new or the old. My 07 had a light brown peanut color brown.  I thought it was terrible. 

--- End quote ---
Yea, it's just personal preference. You don't like it, but I do. Have the mitt brown seats in the burb...

Each to their own I guess

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version