Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tonight's Harvest  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Tonight's Harvest
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:01:34 PM »
Things have been going bonkers with the stretch of sun we've had. Especially the tomatoes. Took at least 2 gallons of tomatoes off 2 days ago, and a ton more tonight. Lots of other goodies too, we couldn't pick it all so will go after it tomorrow too. This is at my sisters house, great valley soil, and we panned the garden in the shape of triangle within the arc of an elevated sprinkler. Has worked great so far! No fertilizer or pesticides either. Quick tip: plant marigolds in your veggie garden to keep afids away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Harvest
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:07:46 PM »
Kyle- are those monster blueberries?  Two good looking baskets of produce!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:10:48 PM »
Kyle- are those monster blueberries?  Two good looking baskets of produce!

Ha! Those are plums boss. I wish those were blueberries, one of my favorite fruit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 11:18:28 PM »
Kyle that looks great.  I'm looking forward to a fall garden now that I have a tractor.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:36:36 PM »
Lookin good Kyle!
I sure miss having a growing season. We're too short for just about everything.
Can do lettuce, radishes, carrots and the like. Have a couple great rhubarb plants too.
In the woods and on the island at the cabin all sorts of wild raspberries and strawberries.

When we were south I had it all, tried the first couple seasons up north and accepted not enough heat. We are trying onions this year in planter boxes. The green onions will make it, not sure on the others though, may not be long enough, time will tell.

It's sure great reaping the fruits of thy labour though. Enjoy the fresh produce!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 11:59:11 PM »
Thanks guys. We enjoy it, and really enjoy sharing with coworkers and friends too!

Any thoughts of making a green house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 12:17:18 AM »
Lookin good Kyle!
I sure miss having a growing season. We're too short for just about everything.
Can do lettuce, radishes, carrots and the like. Have a couple great rhubarb plants too.
In the woods and on the island at the cabin all sorts of wild raspberries and strawberries.

When we were south I had it all, tried the first couple seasons up north and accepted not enough heat. We are trying onions this year in planter boxes. The green onions will make it, not sure on the others though, may not be long enough, time will tell.

It's sure great reaping the fruits of thy labour though. Enjoy the fresh produce!

I have quite a bit of experience at growing hydroponically indoors using organic means.  You can grow no matter where you are.  If you are ever interested in getting into it, let me know.  It is very cool because you control the light duration and color, the nutrients, atmosphere, and there are no pests.  Plus plants grow in 1/2 the time and yeild much more.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 08:46:23 AM »
Bee-U-Tee-Ful!!!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »
I wish my dang tomatoes would ripen up already. I juice most all of them. I like me a good red beer. The wife likes warm tomato juice with her grilled cheese.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
This is one from last night. On the iPad for size reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal