Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1330871 times)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3300 on: April 22, 2017, 09:59:04 PM »
If that was a complete fence you had some good wind Dave.

I did a bit of shooting. Terrible results today.
Guess I'll have to do some more tomorrow to make up for it. :rolleyes:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: April 23, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
The kids prom was yesterday. Since my son a senior and my daughter a freshman go to differant schools my ex brought Jozelyn up to our house for before pictures. I'm not thriled with her dress but it is what it is. My ex and I are actually getting along so I just bite my tongue.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: April 23, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
Haha I'm sure I'll do the same thing with my girls... (the hat)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: April 23, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
Well this happened today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: April 23, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »
I dream of that weight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My daughter has not really discovered boys so far (14) and is more a tomboy and likes her sports. Last volleyball game was yesterday and only 2/3 of the team showed up, didn't even have 6 players until the second game.

She is the tall blond in the back row.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: April 23, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »
Have them tonsils removed JR.  Gives your a strange ability to not eat food for a week!   Started out at 215

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: April 23, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »
Well, went to move the truck so my wife could take the van to clean the rv.  batteries failed in the dually.  $325 and 1 1/2 hours later I have 2 new AGM batteries.

Then mixed some thin set and laid some slate in the spots I had prepped.  Got almost all of it laid and then it started to set up so I had to dump that batch and I'm about to head to the store to get more.

We tend to think of praising the Lord when big things happen, but He's in charge of all things and I'm grateful the batteries died in the dirveway on a weekend.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3307 on: April 23, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »
...We tend to think of praising the Lord when big things happen, but He's in charge of all things and I'm grateful the batteries died in the dirveway on a weekend.
I'll second that. Within the last year I have blown a brake line while sitting in my driveway and the alternator went out on my LB7 1/4 mile from my in laws' house.

Someone called out sick this morning at our technical rescue station so I had to come over and fill in. This part of town and I do not get along well together.

That hole in the bay door is from a bullet that came into the station a few months ago. Fun times in the hood!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:14:27 PM by longball »

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: April 23, 2017, 03:15:17 PM »
Well went back out to the range.
I'm ok with results today.

100 rounds at 25 meters.

Longball that looks like more than a little hole. Quite the hood.

Dave, I'd give a lot to be down to 220, I think I was 18 last I was 200. Lol.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: April 23, 2017, 03:23:47 PM »
I'll trade the weight loss for the Great food you all keep posting that I can eat! That what's for dinner page and the chicken might kill me

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:44:22 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: April 23, 2017, 05:42:34 PM »
So we (wife, son, mom, niece and I) went down to Florida town (disney world, ughh) for what wife and I call race weekend, did our last race this morning.

The green is from the 5k Friday morning, silver on top is for 10k Saturday morning, the big black one on top is from the half marathon this morning, bottom middle is for running both the 10k and the half, top right is for running a disney half marathon in Disneyland and Disney world in the same calendar year, bottom left (the Kessel Run) is for running both stats Wars half marathons, the one in cali in January and then today.

Didn't do as good as I'd hoped but good enough I suppose. Wife was number 14 for one of the divisions she is in, and was 115 out of 1585 for the 30-34 females. I was 275 of 1201 in the 30-34. Overall we were 2380 and 2381 out of 16302 finishers.

Was a good weekend overall, my niece ran her first 5k on Friday and did great.

Our son also ran a kids race of a 100m, he's only 3 so it's cool!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: April 23, 2017, 06:05:33 PM »
Those are pretty neat medals.  How long have you been running?

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: April 23, 2017, 06:24:29 PM »
Those are pretty neat medals.  How long have you been running?

The kessel run medal is my favorite of the slew of medals we have.  We've been running 6 miles or more for about 4 years. We run the same pace and together as much as possible, and always run the races side by side, which is one the things I truly love about running, it's wife and I time. So far there has only been one race we haven't done together, and it was a spur of the moment thing her boss wanted her to do, as in day prior registration.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: April 23, 2017, 08:45:17 PM »
Did a 5K the local Police Department put on to raise money to get a new K9. Took Bear on the run.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: April 23, 2017, 09:24:34 PM »
Did a 5K the local Police Department put on to raise money to get a new K9. Took Bear on the run.

Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: April 23, 2017, 10:29:05 PM »
So we (wife, son, mom, niece and I) went down to Florida town (disney world, ughh) for what wife and I call race weekend, did our last race this morning.

The green is from the 5k Friday morning, silver on top is for 10k Saturday morning, the big black one on top is from the half marathon this morning, bottom middle is for running both the 10k and the half, top right is for running a disney half marathon in Disneyland and Disney world in the same calendar year, bottom left (the Kessel Run) is for running both stats Wars half marathons, the one in cali in January and then today.

Didn't do as good as I'd hoped but good enough I suppose. Wife was number 14 for one of the divisions she is in, and was 115 out of 1585 for the 30-34 females. I was 275 of 1201 in the 30-34. Overall we were 2380 and 2381 out of 16302 finishers.

So how many parsecs did you make the run in? ;)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: April 24, 2017, 01:34:46 AM »
Returned from an injured hiker call around 2230. We got dispatched at 1800 for a lady who fell and suffered a head injury roughly 2 miles from the closest trailhead. Going in wasn't bad but carrying her out in a stokes basket put the dogs to work. We elected to take her out a ravine since we had enough people up top to man a 3:1, and enough people below to tend the basket on the 3-5ft step ups that littered our path. Rougher terrain but a much shorter route. Looking back at the map I sort of feel like a sissy. Oh well, she was stable when we got to the ambulance so that's the important part.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:35:55 AM by longball »

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: April 24, 2017, 08:41:10 AM »

Too many! I would  figure it was about 12 :) most think it was 14 though.....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: April 24, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »
Just to keep you guys guessing

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: April 24, 2017, 12:22:14 PM »
So...how do you end up on the even pound every time...
And holy smokes that's 19 pounds down now.
You ok? That's a lot of weight in a week...
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: April 24, 2017, 12:46:38 PM »
I can't say the scale is accurate but it's consistent for sure.   Had my tonsils out last week and haven had more than a bite or two of food since.   Dreaming of tacos and hot wings. 

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: April 24, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »
Even for not eating any solid food for a week 20 lbs is a lot.  That is about 10% of your body weight.  Just make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated. 

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: April 24, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »

Too many! I would  figure it was about 12 :) most think it was 14 though.....

I think Han might have some negative things to say about the millennium falcon running in 45 light years :tongue: nice work, I love running, but I like breathing more. every once in a while I'll grab an inhaler and give it a shot, but usually wind up sitting on the couch for the rest of the day trying to recover my wind. Any tips for the asthma kid?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: April 24, 2017, 10:26:49 PM »
My brother and I showed our wives how to run the manure spreaders.  Then we turned them loose with our boss.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: April 26, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »
The twins have pushed and pulled on this cheap IKEA/wayfair cabinet enough that it was falling apart. I added some glue to all of the cheap wooden dowels and have assembled every joint with wood glue.  We will see how much longer it lasts

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: April 26, 2017, 11:48:29 AM »
Currently on standby at a multi agency drill (fire, state ema, police, Army, DHS, medics....).

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:51:27 AM by longball »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 26, 2017, 12:43:55 PM »
I don't miss those drills/training sessions at all. I think events are handled much better since these training  exercises have been in place, but they made my head hurt at times.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: April 26, 2017, 01:10:52 PM »
Got a tail gater for satellite tv in the camper. I'm trying to get it set up for an outside tv. I want to keep the box inside but tv outside. When I'm done I should be able to just plug a couple plugs and hit the power button. While I'm at it I'm going to try to tap into the stereo for out side speakers.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 26, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »
Picked up a couple of topo maps of my property from the local planning and development office. They are 24x36 color images.  The property is a 55 acre parcel that is about 65% wooded, the rest in scrub/ semicleared.  One is a 10ft increment contour map printed over an aerial image of the property. The other is a 2ft increment contour map that looks like a normal topo map. These will be used to plan for a near future driveway construction and a mid future home/pole barn and whatever else I can get away with construction.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: April 26, 2017, 03:21:48 PM »
Nice score on the maps, should help alot.

I know what you mean on the kids furniture. I have had to re-attach the drawer fronts a couple times. They just don't get slamming them tears it apart.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: April 29, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
Thats 60 razor clams caught, shelled , cleaned and ready for pan frying tomorrow for dinner.

Ill just have to see what tomorrow morning brings for additions to this catch.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:31:19 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: April 30, 2017, 01:50:53 PM »
had to stop at the grocery store for a couple provisions for clam hunting and I came across these in the dairy case.........(didn't realize I grabbed ranch flavor, but not too bad.)
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: April 30, 2017, 01:51:53 PM »
and I took this inspiration from bobby

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: April 30, 2017, 02:13:29 PM »
Mmm clams.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: April 30, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
Finally cut my cabin power over to the new inverter.
Had been waiting to be warm enough to do it (35* ish) to not cook or freeze in the attic.
The good part, was he single circuit was all split from one junction box.
Four new wires to the attic, and cabin now on four breakers.

I'll update or start my solar thread. I think it's start... Lol.
Sam

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: April 30, 2017, 09:00:37 PM »
Took the family to church. Cooked up a couple pounds of dry black beans in the instant pot to go with tacos for dinner. Finished up a gallon of crock pot yogurt from yesterday. Put down the kids tents from Friday night that smstarted blowing around today after drying out. That's about it.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: April 30, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »
If y'all would, please keep my hometown in your prayers. They're dealing with some major flooding there. http://www.ozarkradionews.com/video/photosvideo-west-plains-region-attempts-to-recover-from-floods/nggallery/thumbnails

There are more pictures on the internet but the damage is major.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:05:35 PM by longball »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: April 30, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »
Dang that's a bunch of water... sending prayers now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: April 30, 2017, 11:27:42 PM »
You stay high and dry LongBall!   We will keep you in our prays era.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: May 01, 2017, 01:32:04 AM »
Scary stuff Longball! Too much water no good. Be safe!

Long weekend. My mom's selling her house and she needs her septic system certified. So I had to uncover the tank (and it's 3 plugs) as well as the distribution box. Plus a ton of work around the place here. Finished at 9 pm tonight and soaked in the hot tub. My plantar fascitis was killing me! No fun. But I made a canoe rack for my 2 canoes, Remade the rack for the hot tub cover. Cleaned the shed (well.....some of it)

Did have a good thing I think on a DeWalt driver. I went to HD to get a new 18 volt battery for my  1/2" impact wrench. Plus I wanted another charger. They had them and it was $170 for the pair. Sheesh. I looked around and found a 1/2" impact driver with 2 18 volt batteries, charger and a carry bag for $99. Done!

I know what you mean on the kids furniture. I have had to re-attach the drawer fronts a couple times. They just don't get slamming them tears it apart.

+1 my son broke every drawer in our kitchen slamming them when he was little. Seemed like every week I had a drawer downstairs being glued. Don't miss those days!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:05:43 AM by Wilbur »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: May 01, 2017, 02:39:23 AM »
Hmm, think I found termites in the room with the stairs. Have to follow up some more this week.

Seems small compared to flooding and Moms issues.

Prayers for all!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: May 01, 2017, 08:19:35 AM »
Had my daughter's dedication at church yesterday.  Spend most of Saturday getting the house/ yard cleaned up.  Sunday morning at church and then had the family and pastor's family over for lunch after.  When everybody left, the house was cleaned up and my daughter was down for the night headed for the basement and reloaded some .308.  All around it was a good weekend.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: May 04, 2017, 08:20:58 PM »
So I had the LML give me a wierd error light at a stop light.  Small lurch at a stop with foot on the brake. MIL light and a message indicator of "park assist disabled" and it went to 1st gear and stuck there.  Pulled codes from the CTS and got P0708 code.

Assumed it was the internal mode switch so went and bought internal and external filters (been 50,000 since I did the double fill and drain Transynd conversion) and 3 gallons of transyd.  Spent most of the morning under the truck removing the valve body and replacing the internal mode switch.  Got it all buttoned up and.......

no movement, not even first gear.  Now a different error "shift inhibited shift to neutral to reset" with the indicator blinking...with no MIL light.

didnt have time to mess with it so I called AAA to put it on a roll back to my buddies house.

He tested the harness, the solenoids and the power to the TCM.....verdict....dead TCM.

New one on the way for $300....

Hope to get the dually back when I get back from Dallas next week.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: May 04, 2017, 08:55:11 PM »
Too many tires on the rear end I bet...Just kidding, hope you guys get it figured out

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: May 04, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »
Ouch!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: May 04, 2017, 09:26:39 PM »
Darn that's no fun. Good luck!

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: May 04, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »

He tested the harness, the solenoids and the power to the TCM.....verdict....dead TCM.

New one on the way for $300....

Dad just had this problem with his 2011 except it would act like you shifted from forward gear to park or reverse once you let off the accelerator. Let me tell ya that's a sketchy feeling. Rolling forward and suddenly the rear wheels lock up and start hopping down the street

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: May 04, 2017, 10:22:34 PM »
The TCM just died? My CEL light comes on now and then say no communication but it works fine.

I do need to bleed the brakes and flush the power steering though.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: May 04, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »
Missed the BIG bullet and can get my house treated for termites for under a grand. Found 2 tubes, both in the garage from under the slab to the house foundation (perimeter).

Don't if any real damage yet, but the little scopes are coming out!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 05, 2017, 09:02:04 AM »
A video from some of the flooding in my home town. Everyone keeps telling me there's no need to go home but I feel like I should.

https://youtu.be/Pybu7lWhceU

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal