VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Snow tires for car

(1/2) > >>

stlaser:
Yeah yeah I know the site says truckworks n all however in a former life I owned several 4x4's and am now down to one. The wife drives her car quite a bit (work between 3 seperate facilities) and am looking at a dedicated set of snow tires & wheels for her for the winter here in northern Colorado. So for those who have used snow tires what do you recommend, for what its worth there are plenty of threads on the intard web but rather have your opinions.........

and yes I will be buying a set of 4

Sammconn:
I run them on mamas car.
I like the studdable type for the extra grip.
I believe the set on it now are IPikes by Hancook.
Have a different brand on my sons car. Don't remeber brand but it is less important than the fact they work.
Both equally night and day in the snow,slush, and ice.

I think as long as you have dedicated studded tires that will do as much good as debating which is 'best'.

cudakidd53:
Loved "Blizzaks" when I was rear wheeling in a boat of a car here in IL.......

Wilbur:
Real snows are the way to go for lits of snow and ice travel....I wouldn't skimp on them either....Blizzaks or Michelin has a decent true snow tire too IIRC. I dont think you can use or would want studs in CO given how fast the weather changes (blizzard to 60 degrees in 12 hours)...studs will tear up a road and rough on dry pavement. But real snow tires are worth their weight in gold v. "all season" tires when it really matters. Although i spent a good 10 hours stuck out on a county road near the Front Range Airport in the 80s when even snows didnt help my 4x4 ha! Just my $0.02.

stlaser:
Received our first 3" or so this morning, time to go tire shopping. Thanks for the input RMTS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version