VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Deere 2320 tire swap issue

<< < (2/14) > >>

JR:
http://adaptitusa.com/

I have made my own. Still run em on the elky.

moto123:

--- Quote from: stlaser on June 11, 2016, 12:39:57 AM ---You need to order a set of custom wheel centers, cut the stock ones out on new wheels & then weld in newly cut centers. Pm me what thickness you want them cut from, od & id measurements along with wheel mounting pattern & lug stud diameter. I can then get you a quote.

--- End quote ---

I definitely like this solution.  The stock wheel center thickness is 0.2 in.  The thickness on the new wheels is 0.32 in.  So maybe split the difference and use 1/4 in thick steel.

OD 13-15/16 inches
ID 4-5/8 inches
Lug hole Dia 0.48 inches
Lug pattern Dia 6 x 6 in

stlaser:
Where am I shipping these too? Sorry forgot that part.....

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: moto123 on June 10, 2016, 11:39:59 PM ---That's a really good idea.  But I would still like to keep the stock rims for when I sell it someday.  And keep them as extra if I somehow manage to damage these.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Naw, cut them up. Never going to get much from them anyway and you'll wear out the "New" tires
Cut the centers out of the yellow wheels, and either cut out the center disc and weld over the new wheel, of try and fit the whole center. But DO NOT cut or weld on those wheels with the tires on them!

moto123:
I assumed I should remove the valve stems to let the tires breathe and was planning to weld about one inch each night over a week until they were done to avoid heating up the tires.  You think this is sufficient or is there another reason you say to remove tires?  I agree welding them fully in one shot might melt the tire to the rim.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version