Hello Guest

Author Topic: whats for dinner tonight  (Read 241375 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: whats for dinner tonight
« Reply #400 on: October 18, 2015, 05:33:36 PM »
Lunch at church
Simple, Fired Chicken with like 40 choices for sides and a 20 foot long desert table!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 18, 2015, 11:31:03 PM »
Followed by a 2 hour workout??
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 19, 2015, 07:54:24 AM »
Followed by a 2 hour workout??
...1 hour...I'm old

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 21, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
Pepper jack stuffed meatballs and spaghetti

Just had some of the leftovers of this meal. Still amazing.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 21, 2015, 01:08:03 PM »
leftovers.............yum
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2015, 02:32:50 PM »
leftovers.............yum

I don't know how to only cook for one person. Well unless it's Ramen noodles or something like that. Leftovers form a large part of my weekly meals.  ;D
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
Well I didn't get any pictures...

I was hunting with a friend on his 24,000 acre lease in South Texas this week.  He made some incredible fried chicken outside on a big burner with a turkey fryer type rig.  That and some home fries and a salad made for some happy hunters.  The next night we had ribeye steaks and baked potato and corn on the cob.  Steaks cooked over charcoal and pecan wood.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2015, 04:56:14 PM »
It isn't for me but I had to cut and vacuum seal 15 lbs of beef trimmings including some beef liver and kidney for Bear's meals.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2015, 07:11:10 PM »
You got that boy on a real meat diet?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 24, 2015, 09:15:20 PM »
You got that boy on a real meat diet?

He gets 8 oz of beef trimmings, 2 cups of Purina lamb and rice, and some Greek yogurt or cottage cheese for meals.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:15:51 PM by BobbyB »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »
Are you cooking the beef? ignorant question...
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 26, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »
Are you cooking the beef? ignorant question...

Nope he gets it raw. If you cook it, all the nutrients are removed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:43:20 PM by BobbyB »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 26, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »
Head Country - Original Bbq Sauce, 6 TBS                         135       33     0     0        720   15  

Dole - Shredded Lettuce, 1.5 cups 3oz (85g)                      10          3     0     1          10     2  

Tortillas de Harina - Flour Tortillas, 3 tortilla                       240      42     8      6        540     0  

Kirkland - Shredded Cheddar/jack Cheese, 35 g (1/3 cup)   138       0    11      9        225    0  

Generic - Red Onion Slice, 2 Slice                                        12        3    0       0           1     1  

Kirkland - Smoked Pulled Pork, 5 oz                                   375        0   28     35        775    0  

total                                                                                910      81   46      51     2,271  18

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

work with me here, nates fat arse is learnin to eat things a bit healthier .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:02:55 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 26, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »
Nate, you are on the right track.  Counting and keeping track is the best way to success
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 26, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »
That's diet food?

Sign me up!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 26, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »
Yes don, that would be diet food if i had 2 instead of 3.

Check out https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ it is actually really simple to navigate and it will really show you just how bad your diet really is.  I trully thought my diet was pretty good, but nope, i was punched square in the face with reality on just how horrible it really is.  Now i am being forced (medically) to straighten me diet out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:15:13 PM by nmeyer414 »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 27, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
Good work Nate. I'm following the wife's lead and just reducing volume more so than cutting things out, but just paying attention to the 3rd and 4th handful of delicious spicy pork rinds... that's tough!

This is what my 5 year old requested for dinner last night. Second pic is far away, but living in the PNW we play when we can, rain or shine.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 27, 2015, 11:19:18 AM »
Um whats for breakfast ? A omelet stuffed full of bacon, tomatoes onions, ham,  jalapeños, cheese, fresh salsa folded, covered and more cheese n salsa

Keeping the early morning rolling, the afternoon hours snoring, the late night hours feeling the powers.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 27, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »
After reading back a day or twos worth of dinner choices.  I want to enact a old truth.   " pictures or it didn't happen " thanks fellas

Keeping the early morning rolling, the afternoon hours snoring, the late night hours feeling the powers.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
whats for dinner tonight
« Reply #419 on: October 27, 2015, 11:35:51 AM »
Found it If you want to delete

here is tonights meal.  I will get some pics of assembly and finish.

https://youtu.be/KSzTRKDbXPw

Can someone help me with what the YouTube channel this is.  Man I would love to follow some of these and for sure it looks tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:43:20 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 27, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
Found it If you want to delete

here is tonights meal.  I will get some pics of assembly and finish.

https://youtu.be/KSzTRKDbXPw

Oooh looks like a dutch oven... fun fun fun
Can someone help me with what the YouTube channel this is.  Man I would love to follow some of these and for sure it looks tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 27, 2015, 01:04:18 PM »
dave, if you look directly underneath the title of the video (lower left corner of the video screen) you will see the owner of the video/channel

outdoorcastironcook and/or frogcrawler
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:05:30 PM by nmeyer414 »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 27, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »

Tortillas de Harina - Flour Tortillas, 3 tortilla                       240      42     8      6        540     0  

total                                                                                910      81   46      51     2,271  18

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Nate was that PER tortilla or was 3 the serving size?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »
that was for 3 flour tortillas, corn would have been even lower.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 28, 2015, 03:22:07 AM »
that was for 3 flour tortillas, corn would have been even lower.

Got ya.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 28, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »
Simple meal tonight.

3 bowls of quick oats, and some water. I was going for simple and quick, I succeeded.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 28, 2015, 09:02:34 PM »
Sounds awful! You need money to eat?

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 29, 2015, 02:52:53 AM »
Sounds awful! You need money to eat?

Nope, I never know what I want to eat, so I was checking through my cupboards and saw the container of quick oats and the bag of brown sugar and said why not.

Offline akcooper9

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 29, 2015, 08:53:11 AM »
Here was dinner last night. Enjoyed the nice weather, full pond and the sound of the kids playing in the yard!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 29, 2015, 03:14:56 PM »
Hi Nate-

if you got a smart phone- good app for figuring all that out is: MyFitnessPal  -  you can enter recipes via ingredients which you can scan the UPC code on and it'll add it all up and divide by serving size (you set) and it'll break down all the nutrient info for you like your chart.  It also has many restaurants menu items already in the data base- works pretty good for the most part!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 29, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »
Wife has some pork steaks marinating. Just going to fry em up in a cast iron skillet in some lard. Nothing special.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 29, 2015, 04:10:20 PM »
you're killin me Jon. That sounds delicious! haven't had a lard skillet fried steak since grandma passed.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 29, 2015, 04:24:05 PM »
Honey ham on honey wheat bread with some mayo and a dill pickle spear.

Off topic.. why is a serving size of a pickle spear 2/3 of a spear? Riddle me that...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 31, 2015, 09:03:34 PM »
Shrimp and fish tacos tonight. Homemade guacamole and salsa.

Wild caught 17/20 shrimp and fresh red snapper.

Marinade for shrimp and fish :  canola oil, ancho chili powder, chopped fresh jalapeño,, fresh cilantro , Mexican oregano, red onion, fresh lime juice

Marinade and grill.

Guacamole : avacado, tomato, red onion , fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt, and the secret weapon: juice from orange. Chopped jalapeño if you like it spicy

Salsa: 5 tomatoes, 4 large jalapeño, 1 large onion quartered, 5 cloves garlic, 2 habanero. Place in pot with water. Bring to boil for 15 minutes. Drain. Put in blender with fresh cilantro, salt, a little vinegar, and some chopped fresh onion for crunch.

Shred red and green cabbage. Sliced green onion and red onion, sauce made of : Mexican crema with cilantro and jalapeño processed in blender

Assemble tacos:  corn tortilla, 3 shrimp, shredded cabbage, fresh cilantro, Red onion, green onion, Crete sauce, squeeze of lime and some fresh jalapeño

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 31, 2015, 09:04:18 PM »
More

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/31/e8ede65d11044a737d1e29c351d7eb59.jpg[/IMG

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2015, 10:27:03 PM »
I just messed myself.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you keep your corn tortillas from splitting when they are filled and wrapped.....?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
so I had a friend over tonight that is going thru a divorce here shortly and I thought I would break out some memorable food.

so tonight's menu consisted of beef fajita's on a flour tortilla with some sour cream, shredded cheese and a little homemade salsa.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »
by the way, this flat top is my early birthday present from the frau.........

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 31, 2015, 10:34:34 PM »
Nate, LOVE the flat top.  Best thing EVER!  I have one and use it all the time.

As for the corn tortilla.  I wet paper towels and wring them out and then wrap a stack of 6 and microwave for about 25-30 seconds on high.  Creates steam and makes them pliable.....

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 31, 2015, 10:38:45 PM »
yeah I have tried that as well and found that they still split once they cool a bit.

I think that I will have to go to the local tortillaria and have them make some small flour mixed with corn tortilla's.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 31, 2015, 11:22:05 PM »
Thats why they always use two.  I get them fresh from the local supermarket. Steam and use two.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 31, 2015, 11:25:35 PM »
Shrimp and fish tacos tonight. Homemade guacamole

Got a spare seat at the table, or floor.. I ain't picky.  ;D

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 31, 2015, 11:28:24 PM »
Bobby,  you will always have a reservation in the house of nate for food or beverage or what ever i can offer you.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 31, 2015, 11:34:46 PM »
Bobby,  you will always have a reservation in the house of nate for food or beverage or what ever i can offer you.

Yay BBQ!

It's not really a recipe, as more of a leftover clean up. I was helping finish up some leftovers, and made a meatball sub and topped it with spicy chili. Surprisingly it was tasty.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 31, 2015, 11:56:22 PM »
Bobby, you know that any self respecting  prior nco can and will come up with some of the best food ever served when it comes to leftovers/ military rations

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:14 AM »

Got a spare seat at the table, or floor.. I ain't picky.  ;D

Anytime.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2015, 07:55:47 AM »
This thread

!!!  L I V E S   !!!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2015, 10:53:58 AM »
Bobby, you know that any self respecting  prior nco can and will come up with some of the best food ever served when it comes to leftovers/ military rations

Well I thought it was good, my nieces, sister and BIL seemed to think it sounded/looked nasty.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:54:58 AM by BobbyB »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »
and tonight I am trying something from matt's neck of the woods down there in the peach state.

we are having smoked cabbage with some smoked sausage.  here it is just going in at 350deg for 2 hours.  I am about to pull it after the 1 hours open and soaking in the smoke and an hour wrapped in foil. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal