VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

SquareD Part 2 Here's where we depart the rebuild and start the big change

(1/94) > >>

Flyin6:
It's difficult to call the exact point where this project changes or turns the corner between the phase it was in to the next evolution.

With the adding of the Ruff-Stuff shock brackets, double shear hard core off road parts, I'll call the ball right here.

Flyin6:
The first order of business was to weld the inside piece to the body with the proper clearance
I used one of my many mock-up shocks to get that right

Flyin6:
Then it was welded to the housing in as close to the factory position as I could make it

Flyin6:
The rear axle is starting to look like something again.
This new setup will have nothing hanging below the tubes unlike the factory snag-o-matic setup. It will have a rear anti sway bar, a traction bar, and double shear and protected lower shock mounts.
Should be Hyundai proof!

The downward tilt is intentional, to match the factory geometry

Flyin6:
All right you worthless lot, let's get some hot roddin done here, so I can go get some extra beauty sleepin!

Today was supposed to be brake build and axle reassembly day. Well, should the truth be known, Tuesday was that day, Wednesday, axle installation, and today, door of fender pullin and fixin' on day

Life continues despite the plans we make for it I guess!

So anyhow, I assembled the other backing plate onto the axle tube using the bead of RTV

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version