VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

SquareD Part 2 Here's where we depart the rebuild and start the big change

<< < (94/94)

Flyin6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff 35 View Post
Your wiring skills are improving! You've come a long way!

Remember, you can bring those cables into the Megafuse holders at a 90 if need be. That will eliminate/reduce those 180 degree bends in your cable. Stack 'em up side by side and run a buss bar across for your other high-draw accessories. I may have a few (buss bars) laying around or can quickly fab some up if necessary. Don't forget your relays...

Glad to see the Megafuse holders are mounted to a solid piece of steel that isn't going to flex. When the holder flexes, the fuse flexes and the rivets that hold the black cover of the fuse element can work and eventually pop out, then the fuse cover can dislodge or come off. The fuse cover contains the "shrapnel" if the fuse ever blows. You would be shocked at the noise and flash if you ever saw one of those 500 Amp fuses blow, especially without the riveted on cover...

Make sure to keep a couple of Megafuse spares on hand too. The local autoparts guys won't have them in stock. Especially the high-amperage ones.

Got it covered
I need to order some more spares, since the available spares are already in the gator where I used the mega fuses there.

BTW Folks, Duane speaks with some authority here. HE actually ran the plant that manufactured those fuses at one point!

Flyin6:
All right, I'm back

Had to go get the bed, took a long time, then come home, dress and go out to a proper Christmas party, then pregnant daughter stuff, then babysitting the grandkid, then breakfast with the little rangers, waffle-house style, then go get crickets for the bearded dragon, then a bunch of runnin' around, and now, finally...back to postin'

Got to be short and schweet, cause I have some paintin' to do!

So first up, I laid in some more wiring in that soon to be covered rear compartment

Flyin6:
As you can see the battery cable was snugged in to place at least along the fuel tank.

I also ran a forward h20/Methanol line that will be connected to that Speedway motors tank when it gets here

And I laid in the relay for the air pump and secured some more wiring...whew, and added the extra battery terminals

Flyin6:
I am accumulating enough air lines along the frame to now require me to label and store them until such time as I plug them into their fittings

Flyin6:
I went up to the American metal stripping to pick up the bed. I discovered they also do powder coating. Here are some of the pieces they just did. Gotta love that semi-gloss black!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version