PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

Life straw

<< < (2/2)

wyorunner:
Sawyer mini....same price. But wife and I also have a straw in both our bags. Never used one but wouldn't be afraid to in the places I've needed a filter this far. But again, having used a sawyer mini for several hundred gallons, at 15$ on sale or 20 not on sale, will always recommend that over everything else. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
Wife said she paid 15 for the life straw. Where do you do you find the Sawyer mini?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
I was wondering how you know when it's used up.

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: Farmer Jon on January 22, 2017, 12:13:55 AM ---Wife said she paid 15 for the life straw. Where do you do you find the Sawyer mini?

--- End quote ---

Sawyer mini can be had at lots of places, but I've bought all mine from amazon or Walmart because they have always been the least expensive, and I've got them on sale at Amazon too.

Sawyers come with a syringe you use to backflush the filter and it keeps them fresh. Life straw, no idea how long their good for, few hundred gallons depending on condition of water filtered Id say. Their website says it's good for 1000 liters, and I believe 3.78 liters is a gallon, so 264.55 gallons.

http://lifestraw.com/products/lifestraw/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version