PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

My bug out bag lesson plan

<< < (2/5) > >>

Flyin6:
Dave, get ringers lactate. Then practice how to use them. They come with the needle already affixed to the line. You can get a little bubble into the vein and not cause much of a reaction. But, failure to drain the line of 99% of the rest of the air and you just killed the person you're trying to hydrate.

Tex, now that they are of age, I'd set them up with ammo/weapon. Frankly a 10/22 ruger would be easy to carry, a breakdown model would store inside if needed and carrying 200 rounds of ammo wouldn't add too much extra weight.

Def, put the oldest girl into a .458 Hamm-R round just in case you need to stop elephants and tanks! ;-))

stlaser:
Don, did you get that email from Wilson yesterday on the .458 hammer round / gun too?  :popcorn:

OldKooT:
Ya also have to be careful. Ringers lactate should never be stored above around 85F which in many areas means no go bag application.

TRN I'd consider adding some actual antibiotics. They are readily available over the counter and quite useful. A small vile of actual consumable Iodine would also prove handy.

OldKooT:
in addition, depending on concern with local laws.... (I'd think in some "emergency's laws may not be of a concern) a Beretta Bobcat would be much lighter than say a 10-22 and quite valuable as a forage/defense weapon. It's tip open barrel allowing single shell loading is handy. Add in a few .22 birdshot loads and you might be surprised how handy that is for small meals.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on August 21, 2018, 08:25:49 AM ---Don, did you get that email from Wilson yesterday on the .458 hammer round / gun too?  :popcorn:

--- End quote ---
Got one from someone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version