VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

2008 Polaris Ranger 700xp (was utv vs quad)

(1/14) > >>

JR:
Quad vs UTV. What do some of you guys have, why one over the other. I need something and I keep bouncing back and forth on what I want.

I think a quad would allow more access and still carry what I need. If so, what engine size? EFI is a must and thinking 500ccor more.

UTV sounds fun, but you almost need a regular road for them.

Budget I around 4k, used for sure.

As you can see I changed the name since I got a 2008 Ranger.

stlaser:
Yamaha grizzly 700, I had the 660 and it hauled a wood trailer for years in and out of the swamps around my farm. Lockers front and rear, independent suspension and will do 90% of what a utv can do in a smaller foot print imo.

Bigdave_185:
The sxs are every bit as capable as a quad off road.  With the added bonus of a seatbelt, box bed, windshield.    Unless you buy something off of a golf course you’ll have plenty of use for a UTV

Two passengers on a quad can be dangerous
UTV the wife could drive just like a car
UTV are more streetable also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:
Dave, that is the allure of the sxs for me too and the kids could use it. The extra size is what worries me, I don't have roads and have ground to cover.

Had a line on a couple of those, gone. They want stupid prices even for one 10 years old.

KensAuto:
You don't need roads for a utv. In some cases they'll go where a quad can't without flipping..and they have seatbelts, roofs, roll bars, etc.
If you're worried about width, the smaller ones (like 500cc) aren't much wider than a large quad... maybe the same width.
I'm obviously biased towards utvs, but have ran both.
Still prefer a 3 wheeler over a quad, but that's a whole different story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version