Hello Guest

Author Topic: Who has read the whole bible?  (Read 330 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Who has read the whole bible?
« on: November 20, 2023, 10:42:46 AM »
I thought about it the other day and realized there may be parts of the bible I have never read or seen. So I logged into BibleGateway.com and signed up for a 1-year reading plan. I've been at it for a while now and have gotten used to the amount of reading each morning. I would warn you, however, not to get too far behind or you'll owe it some considerable seat time catching up...

Who out there has read the entire bible?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
Re: Who has read the whole bible?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 11:50:17 AM »
I have done a few of those reading plans, but I'm not sure those have had me read every verse. The last one I did was to read it in 260 days, and I know it didn't cover every verse. I will say I haven't  read it all

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 01:57:05 PM »
I have once.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 06:36:09 PM »
I was raised catholic and even went to a catholic school. I was an alter boy so often I had everything memorized. Countless hours of Bible study. I still don't think I got through it all. When I was long haul trucking I kept a Bible by my bed and would read some when I was laid over somewhere.  But now I haven't picked up the good book in years. I still pray nearly every day. I just don't read any book as much as I should.  I don't go to church anymore either. Too many hypocrites in our little church. My wife is Baptist. She has a hard time adjusting. I know for a fact she will go to her home church while we are down in KY this weekend. 

Speaking of hypocrites I'm the scoutmaster and a scout is reverant. I serve as an example to the boys I am mentoring.  I really need to figure this out and find a new church sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 09:03:04 PM »
I have not, never tried honestly.

Jon, we watch our pastor from Colorado online via YouTube as they do that weekly. We are planning to try another local church of non denomination soon. As much as we like our old pastor and church we feel the need to try and attend a local church so that we may tithe locally etc. we donate to several causes already annually but no church.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 08:49:53 PM »
Most recent completion was with the family. We read it every night for a bed time devotion. Completed it earlier this year.

Start in Matthew read through NT and back into OT. Takes a long time one or two chapters a night.

Have noticed several times His word has aligned with life situations. Always a pleasant reminder he walks with us every day.

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 09:28:16 PM »
Most recent completion was with the family. We read it every night for a bed time devotion. Completed it earlier this year.

Start in Matthew read through NT and back into OT. Takes a long time one or two chapters a night.

Have noticed several times His word has aligned with life situations. Always a pleasant reminder he walks with us every day.
I have noticed this many times. First I was in Ephesians and all that matched up. Just in Luke Chapter 1-12 and so much of that lined up as well.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal