Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Radio/Comms

Vehicle Mounted Cellphone Booster

(1/8) > >>

KensAuto:
I'm going to install this in my truck, mainly for my upcoming Idaho trip. The property we purchased doesn't seem to have service, and I need to see if a booster will work there. My wife needs internet for work, so if this works, I can plan on installing something similar in the future cabin. Also purchased the optional trucker antenna.

stlaser:
Ken, when I used to wheel SE KY deep in Appalachia all the guys who had money and lived there ran boosters in their trucks. Worked much better than just a standard cell phone antenna.

Nate:
So the tricky thing with signal boosters is......cell companies actually get REALLY PISSY when you get use them, and can actually track where they are by the signal that whatever tower recieves from them and then come and make you turn it off.

But as far as im concerned, i say screw it and get the signal wherever and however you can.....lol

Wendys dad litterally lives in the middle of nowhere and his shop basically acts like a faraday cage.  She got him one of these, and he put it up on the top of his shop amd now has 4g inside with absolutley no issues.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=iZJjXNG-N8KUtQXC-r5w&q=zboost+zb575-v&oq=zboost&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.2.0l5.8050.9352..12325...0.0..0.114.523.5j1......0....1.......5..41j46i131j46j0i10.QLhiriuARPk

my retarded statement has been retracted....I spoke with unconfirmed information.

Bear9350:

--- Quote from: Nate on February 12, 2019, 10:55:35 PM ---So the tricky thing with signal boosters is......cell companies actually get REALLY PISSY when you get use them, and can actually track where they are by the signal that whatever tower recieves from them and then come and make you turn it off.

But as far as im concerned, i say screw it and get the signal wherever and however you can.....lol

Wendys dad litterally lives in the middle of nowhere and his shop basically acts like a faraday cage.  She got him one of these, and he put it up on the top of his shop amd now has 4g inside with absolutley no issues.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=iZJjXNG-N8KUtQXC-r5w&q=zboost+zb575-v&oq=zboost&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.2.0l5.8050.9352..12325...0.0..0.114.523.5j1......0....1.......5..41j46i131j46j0i10.QLhiriuARPk

--- End quote ---

What is there reasoning for turning them off?  They want you to buy and use theirs?  I've looked into these before briefly.  We live in a not so great area of reception.  The house has 2 ft stone walls all the way up to the peak and reception goes from not good to flat out horrible when you step through the door.  Been through 3 providers in the last few years trying to find one that works well.

wilsonphil:
Give me 9 months and I promise I will fix everyone cell problems, no matter where you live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version