Hello Guest

Author Topic: New G-19MDS  (Read 55 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
New G-19MDS
« on: May 18, 2024, 05:38:52 PM »
Just picked up a brand spankin new Glock Gen 5, Model G19MDS

The Pre-Ranger is about two weeks, maybe a tad bit more from placing the 75th Ranger Regiment scroll on his left shoulder. Their sidearm is the Glock 19. Same as I carried in Baghdad and Kirkuk. I want to commemorate this significant accomplishment by presenting him with his own G19 during the proceedings somewhere.

It feels very G19 and has a pretty decent trigger. Came with three 15-round mags and the standard Glock stuff.

While I was there, I tried out a pair of G-19X pistols. I love the G-17 hand grip and the shorty G-19 slide, but the triggers were vague and indefinite at best. I squeezed the trigger of a new Army Sig, and, man, what a difference. The Sig is just so much better, both initial long pull and reset. The G10X had a normal reset trigger pull, but the first pull is just a long, forever pull without the feeling you are building up to the release of the hammer.

I just realized, in a couple of weeks, I can no longer call him a pre-ranger. From now on until he or I departs the world, he will always be a Ranger. It will be a part of his name and a part of his soul, forever...
I had several people there try the triggers out and they agreed that the Glock trigger needs some work/replaced.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New G-19MDS
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 08:25:18 PM »
Don, all my Glocks have the Ghost Rocket 3.5lb and it’s great.  Cant recommend it enough. In the weapons section ihave a post on the instal
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New G-19MDS
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 09:43:44 PM »
Don, all my Glocks have the Ghost Rocket 3.5lb and it’s great.  Cant recommend it enough. In the weapons section ihave a post on the instal
I have heard a lot about that trigger. I would like to have something closer to 5lbs for a "combat trigger" but 3.5 would be nice to shoot. I think I'll pick one up and drop it in my gen 4 19. The kids G19 goes to him as is. I'm sure an armorer in his regiment can doll that Glock of his up any way he wants. Those guys get to build and customize their uppers in the Regiment! How cool is that!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal