Hello Guest

Author Topic: Duanes home burned down today!  (Read 10212 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Duanes home burned down today!
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »
How about a widowed spouse, are they eligible?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
Duanes home burned down today!
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2018, 09:43:46 PM »
How about a widowed spouse, are they eligible?
I checked today after hearing about Chief’s experience. I don’t but if I’m reading this right widows do qualify as long as their spouse had USAA while they were married.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:45:46 PM by longball »

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
Duanes home burned down today!
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »
It’s great to hear his insurance company is treating him right. I’m sure that’s much different that most people’s experience with insurance claims.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:47:20 PM by longball »

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2018, 10:14:33 PM »
Don,

I have one minor detractor to USAA, maybe two.

We’ve been with usaa 11 years, had auto loans, mortgages, and various types of insurance.

Our first mortgage which we got with them was an ABSOLUTE nightmare, apparently there mortgage department at that time was.... overall terrible, and we have been told it has gotten better since then.

Our mortgage now was sold to Wells Fargo, after the small finance bank did it, once we closed they sold it.

Life insurance and auto Insurance we have with them, I don’t think can be beat, particularly auto, I’ve looked several times.

Home owners insurance, (the one downfall) they are no where near the price point we have with our current insurers, which is mercury group. To get the exact same coverage, last year, was something like 300$ more than our current. And from a close friend and home insurance adjuster, we’ve got pretty good coverage.

Otherwise, the horrible mortgage experience. I still would recommend them over any one else.

Oh one other thing, they don’t have big rig insurance, they partner with progressive for that, sadly. We had to get it for our m925 because of its weight.

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2018, 11:33:57 PM »
Well when I had my garage fire I was out of the house for 6 months during the rebuild. It was supposed to be under 2 months, but the fire dept damaged everything in the house!

Farmers put us in a big chain hotel with breakfast and dinner buffet's. They handled the billing and gave us a food allowance. I was insured for reconstruction with code upgrades.

Adjuster was here the next day and for about a week as I went through things for claims. It was around $200k hen finished.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2018, 06:35:05 AM »
I am thankful to not have had an issue with fire.  Losing the pups would have been enough to push me over the edge let along kids or wife. 

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 08:26:23 AM »
Don,

I have one minor detractor to USAA, maybe two.

We’ve been with usaa 11 years, had auto loans, mortgages, and various types of insurance.

Our first mortgage which we got with them was an ABSOLUTE nightmare, apparently there mortgage department at that time was.... overall terrible, and we have been told it has gotten better since then.

Our mortgage now was sold to Wells Fargo, after the small finance bank did it, once we closed they sold it.

Life insurance and auto Insurance we have with them, I don’t think can be beat, particularly auto, I’ve looked several times.

Home owners insurance, (the one downfall) they are no where near the price point we have with our current insurers, which is mercury group. To get the exact same coverage, last year, was something like 300$ more than our current. And from a close friend and home insurance adjuster, we’ve got pretty good coverage.

Otherwise, the horrible mortgage experience. I still would recommend them over any one else.

Oh one other thing, they don’t have big rig insurance, they partner with progressive for that, sadly. We had to get it for our m925 because of its weight.

I have written the USAA CEO a couple times now about Progressive Insurance. I feel there is no way honorable men and women should be caused by USAA to have any thing to do with progressive insurance. I would not take it and use GEICO for the Triumph and DR-650.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2018, 12:43:49 AM »
How are we doing on this ? Update?

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2018, 10:04:28 AM »
How are we doing on this ? Update?

The site has been cleaned of all traces of a house, not even the footer remains.

Now its up to them to decide if they want to rebuild, or just throw in the towel and buy something else or perhaps build in a better location.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal