Hello Guest

Author Topic: Watched over and protected  (Read 1242 times)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Watched over and protected
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »
Last weekend I took the family over the mountain pass again camping in the trailer. Everything was status quo, including the typical roaring from the one off brand tire I had yet to change out. (more on this later) Temps were under 200trans and 210water thanks to Nate, and we all had a great time with no injuries excluding Cooper banging his head off a rock down at the river. (he's a lab though, so rock on rock?). About 10 miles from home the "tire noise" mysteriously went away, and was replaced by an odd rumble every time I would hit a bump. Now I'm white knuckled but trying not to concern the family because my gut is down in my shoes. I knew it was a bearing. I talked about it being the bearing and I allowed myself to be convinced by some idiot that the tire was the culprit and traveled 5 times now with the trailer and family on a failing bearing. God followed me home all those trips, and this last Sunday, because we made it without incident to the house, parked the trailer, the noise even went away. I still wasn't listening to his warnings and decided it was good enough to make it into town to buy a new bearing, and drive it 40 miles to work to install it the next day. I was wrong. about 1 mile from the parts store God saw fit to slap me back into reality when the wheel almost fell off the truck. we were able to limp it into a parking lot but the only thing holding that sucker together was the cv boot and the spindle nut, as I could make out shiny new metal as the hub assembly was separating. I was sick to my stomach, didn't eat much the next day either, thinking about all the times I was doing 70mph with the trailer and the family and what could have happened. I know HE was taking care of my stubborn butt, (more likely watching after my family even though I was ignoring his influence) and I have been doing some heavy thankful prayer and asking forgiveness for my pride. Got a new bearing on her last night and good as new, but that shook me up pretty good.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Watched over and protected
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
Yup, you were protected!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
Yep, I'd say he had your backs!
And then to smack you into reality when safer to do so.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:55:11 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
God is GOOD- and you are listening, since many of us might have just gotten mad and asked why me, instead of being thankful as you are!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »
Yup, someone likes you.

Captured or not, they will come off!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »
No joke there JR. When I got it off it was cocked in there holding on for dear life. good things the inner snap rings on the stub shafts are all but impossible to remove and the cv boot wasn't torn.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »
Scary stuff for sure. I am glad it worked out the way it did.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »
providence
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

OldKooT

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 06:56:11 AM »
Another example of his influence in our life.

I might change the other side also, just saying.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 06:23:46 PM »
already planned. Some steering parts too... thanks JR.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal