Hello Guest

Author Topic: Prayer answered??  (Read 321 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Prayer answered??
« on: April 30, 2022, 10:59:12 AM »
During the 100 days of prayer, I consistently prayed for the men who come here to be blessed, and strengthened, and protected. I asked God to send us lots of men, so that they, too might be strengthened.

But here's what actually happened: We are declining, and rapidly. No new men save for one I can point to. So I am wondering what is happening here? I mean if we really were effectively reaching men and strengthening them in the name of Jesus? You see, God promises to do all things we pray for in accordance with his will. So what is going wrong?

I shouldered almost the entire financial burden of paying for this place this year, and that's no big deal. I feel the site is beneficial to lots of folks and I like doing it. But it points to a lack of enthusiasm of the membership here, at least I think so. Strike two...

So if God answers prayers we pray earnestly to the benefit of his will, and the site during that time of prayer showed about a 30% contraction, then what am I supposed to take from that? I don't know exactly what to think about it and that's why I made this entry. Perhaps some of you see something that I am not?

Am I missing something here?
Am I doing something wrong?
Is, this site somehow not honoring the Lord?
Am I not the one to lead it?

Seems clear that something has happened and it started when we started the 100 days of prayer. And I am not aware of too many members joining in on the 100 days of prayer. Just a few actually. I may be wrong about that, but even if I am right I know 2-3% of the people can make a pretty significance difference. History records those percentages made the difference during the American Revolution.

So, then I think, what would happen and who might benefit should this web site close down? One name immediately pops in my head, Satan. He would benefit. He likes to destroy. He would have destroyed this oasis in the interweb. He likes to tear apart families. We have a family here. Just look at Kens million plus chat room...All good stuff there. Satan likes to diminish the reach and effectiveness of the gospel. If we were gone, Matt's word of the day and a thousand other scriptural references would be lost. In the sense that we have been a "church" for some, well, that would be gone and those few would not have this safe place of fellowship.

So what is going on here?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:07:13 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
Re: Prayer answered??
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 07:40:57 PM »
Our job is to plant the seed. The Holy Spirit does the rest. This side of heaven we won't know who we touch.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
Re: Prayer answered??
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 08:49:44 PM »
I'm with Matt we will never know some of the seeds that we have planted and which ones took root. I know for myself this site has helped in so many way that I can't count them all. You men have said prayers for me and my family, stepped in an sponsored our 5K for our hero that you never met, you said prayer for us when we had a hard year, wife's medical issues and others. The 100 days of prayer moved me to improve my prayer life and get closer to God. The forum I feel is a place for hard men with a love for God. Iron sharpens iron we may never know when something we post here will make another think or do something that brings another one step nearer in there walk with the Lord.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal