Hello Guest

Author Topic: Word(s) of the day  (Read 93961 times)

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Word(s) of the day
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2015, 09:28:27 PM »
He is my God/ I shall never accept the devil, as God is my lord and I will always serve him as his follower. Dooley, with all my heart.

Offline DOOLEY

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2015, 09:32:40 PM »
and mostly/ thank you oh lord for giving your only son to forgive me of my sins, current  and future.

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 09:25:58 AM »
“And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.”
Hebrews‬ 13:16‬
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »
Been leaning on these lately..........

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

James 1:5
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Colassians 2:2-3
2 My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
NRA Life Member

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
Since we are entering the graduation season let's look to Proverbs 2.  Seek truth.  Jesus is the Truth.

The Value of Wisdom

1 My son, if you receive my words
    and treasure up my commandments with you,
2 making your ear attentive to wisdom
    and inclining your heart to understanding;
3 yes, if you call out for insight
    and raise your voice for understanding,
4 if you seek it like silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasures,
5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7 he stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
    he is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
8 guarding the paths of justice
    and watching over the way of his saints.
9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice
    and equity, every good path;
10 for wisdom will come into your heart,
    and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11 discretion will watch over you,
    understanding will guard you,
12 delivering you from the way of evil,
    from men of perverted speech,
13 who forsake the paths of uprightness
    to walk in the ways of darkness,
14 who rejoice in doing evil
    and delight in the perverseness of evil,
15 men whose paths are crooked,
    and who are devious in their ways.
16 So you will be delivered from the forbidden[a] woman,
    from the adulteress with her smooth words,
17 who forsakes the companion of her youth
    and forgets the covenant of her God;
18 for her house sinks down to death,
    and her paths to the departed;[c]
19 none who go to her come back,
    nor do they regain the paths of life.
20 So you will walk in the way of the good
    and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright will inhabit the land,
    and those with integrity will remain in it,
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
    and the treacherous will be rooted out of it.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

1 Corinthians 16:13

Real Men, this one's for YOU
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2015, 07:08:44 PM »
^^^ I really like that one

It's a real challenge from above to all of us here!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »
Amen!

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »
Man, that's the truth. Sometimes I let my tongue get the better of me... Will hang on to this one!
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2015, 12:53:26 PM »
Man, that's the truth. Sometimes I let my tongue get the better of me... Will hang on to this one!
I meant that for me mostly!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
  Romans 1

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »
I am both fearful and expectant for God's judgment on this nation

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2015, 08:29:19 PM »
2 Peter 3

A New Heaven and Earth

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be [c]burned up.

11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2015, 06:42:13 PM »
20 And the Lord said, “The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave. 21 I will go down now, and see if they have done entirely according to its outcry, which has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

22 Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, while Abraham was still standing before the Lord. 23 Abraham came near and said, “Will You indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it? 25 Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?” 26 So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare the whole place on their account.” 27 And Abraham replied, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord, although I am but dust and ashes. 28 Suppose the fifty righteous are lacking five, will You destroy the whole city because of five?” And He said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.” 29 He spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose forty are found there?” And He said, “I will not do it on account of the forty.” 30 Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak; suppose thirty are found there?” And He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.” 31 And he said, “Now behold, I have ventured to speak to the Lord; suppose twenty are found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the twenty.” 32 Then he said, “Oh may the Lord not be angry, and I shall speak only this once; suppose ten are found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it on account of the ten.” 33 As soon as He had finished speaking to Abraham the Lord departed, and Abraham returned to his place.

The Doom of Sodom

19 Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 And he said, “Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant’s house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way.” They said however, “No, but we shall spend the night in the square.” 3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate. 4 Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5 and they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.” 6 But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, 7 and said, “Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly. 8 Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof.” 9 But they said, “Stand aside.” Furthermore, they said, “This one came in as an alien, and already he is acting like a judge; now we will treat you worse than them.” So they pressed hard against Lot and came near to break the door. 10 But the men reached out their hands and brought Lot into the house with them, and shut the door. 11 They struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they wearied themselves trying to find the doorway.

12 Then the two men said to Lot, “Whom else have you here? A son-in-law, and your sons, and your daughters, and whomever you have in the city, bring them out of the place; 13 for we are about to destroy this place, because their outcry has become so great before the Lord that the Lord has sent us to destroy it.” 14 Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters, and said, “Up, get out of this place, for the Lord will destroy the city.” But he appeared to his sons-in-law to be jesting.

15 When morning dawned, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Up, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away in the punishment of the city.” 16 But he hesitated. So the men seized his hand and the hand of his wife and the hands of his two daughters, for the compassion of the Lord was upon him; and they brought him out, and put him outside the city. 17 When they had brought them outside, one said, “Escape for your life! Do not look behind you, and do not stay anywhere in the valley; escape to the mountains, or you will be swept away.” 18 But Lot said to them, “Oh no, my lords! 19 Now behold, your servant has found favor in your sight, and you have magnified your lovingkindness, which you have shown me by saving my life; but I cannot escape to the mountains, for the disaster will overtake me and I will die; 20 now behold, this town is near enough to flee to, and it is small. Please, let me escape there (is it not small?) that my life may be saved.” 21 He said to him, “Behold, I grant you this request also, not to overthrow the town of which you have spoken. 22 Hurry, escape there, for I cannot do anything until you arrive there.” Therefore the name of the town was called Zoar.

23 The sun had risen over the earth when Lot came to Zoar. 24 Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven, 25 and He overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground. 26 But his wife, from behind him, looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

27 Now Abraham arose early in the morning and went to the place where he had stood before the Lord; 28 and he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the valley, and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land ascended like the smoke of a furnace.

29 Thus it came about, when God destroyed the cities of the valley, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when He overthrew the cities in which Lot lived
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:48:20 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2015, 10:55:18 AM »
“For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.”
2 Timothy‬ 1:7‬ NASB‬‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »
“For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.”
2 Timothy‬ 1:7‬ NASB‬‬

^^^Indeed!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »
In deference to my current locale behind enemy lines and some of the discussions:

"Father, forgive them, for they know NOT what the do"
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »
In deference to my current locale behind enemy lines and some of the discussions:

"Father, forgive them, for they know NOT what the do"
At least you are there
Be bold in the spirit
Point out the truth when the devil is present!
Soldier on!

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2015, 11:13:12 AM »
One more for Independence Day!

NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »
“Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.”
Ephesians‬ 6:11‬ NASB‬‬

NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2015, 12:12:28 PM »
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. (Romans‬ 8‬:1-2‬ NIV)

Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. (Romans‬ 8‬:33-34‬ NIV)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
NRA Life Member

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will fee from you.

James 4:7
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2015, 07:34:27 PM »
Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. (James‬ 1‬:12‬ NASB)

NRA Life Member

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
Thank you gents. This should be a must read for me every morning....and afternoon.  :-[

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
“that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
Romans‬ 10:9-10‬ NASB‬‬

NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2015, 08:00:44 AM »
Romans 13:12-14

12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

Ephesians 4:22-24

22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13

12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[d] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Galatians 5:13

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh rather, serve one another humbly in love.

1 Timothy 6:11-12

11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:17:09 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
Word(s) of the day
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2015, 09:08:52 AM »
I especially love 1 & 2 Timothy... Feels like Paul's talking to Real Men!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:34:47 AM by Dawg25385 »
NRA Life Member

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2015, 08:22:37 AM »
Psalms 97 ESV

10 O you who love the Lord, hate evil!
    He preserves the lives of his saints;
    he delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

11 Light is sown[a] for the righteous,
    and joy for the upright in heart.

12 Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous,
    and give thanks to his holy name!
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »
A Thorn in the Flesh - 2 Corinthians 12

7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! 8 Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast [c]about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with [d]insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »
He is coming back soon!

John 1:9-13

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
“Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
James‬ 5:16‬ NASB‬‬

NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »
“And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”
1 Peter‬ 5:10‬ NIV‬

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
NRA Life Member

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2015, 02:45:58 AM »
A simple yet powerful reminder,

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13

Just as Paul was familiar with suffering, he always gave thanks to the Son who helped him through it, just as we should remember Him in all our good times and bad.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2015, 12:29:26 PM »
Jeremiah 6:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 This is what the Lord says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look;
    ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
    and you will find rest for your souls.
    But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2015, 07:34:01 PM »
“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,”
1 Peter‬ 5:6‬ NASB‬‬

NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2015, 02:26:25 PM »
James 4
4  You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Romans, 12:12ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2015, 08:45:04 AM »
Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

Proverbs 30:6
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2015, 12:22:06 AM »
If you ever had doubts about when life begins..

PS 139

For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My [k]frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:23:29 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2015, 09:29:34 AM »
Not scripture but

Let everything you do point to him

Take yourself and your glory out of the effort.

Know that everything good inside you comes from our father in heaven

arrange your life so that it takes the light off of you, and points others toward him who can save them.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2015, 02:42:08 PM »
" I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

John 16:33 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2015, 09:06:30 AM »
Hebrews 12:1-3
1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2015, 09:13:20 AM »
Thank You

I needed that just now!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2015, 09:13:49 AM »
That's why we are all here.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »
II Cor 12

A Thorn in the Flesh

7 Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! 8 Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
“"These things I have spoken to you so that you may be kept from stumbling. They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God. These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me. But these things I have spoken to you, so that when their hour comes, you may remember that I told you of them. These things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you.”
John‬ 16:1-4‬ NASB‬‬

NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:14 AM »
"What do you want Me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, that I may receive my sight." —Luke 18:41

This man received his sight. But the most impossible thing for you is to be so closely identified with the Lord that there is literally nothing of your old life remaining. God will do it if you will ask Him. But you have to come to the point of believing Him to be almighty. We find faith by not only believing what Jesus says, but, even more, by trusting Jesus Himself. If we only look at what He says, we will never believe. Once we see Jesus, the impossible things He does in our lives become as natural as breathing. The agony we suffer is only the result of the deliberate shallowness of our own heart. We won’t believe; we won’t let go by severing the line that secures the boat to the shore— we prefer to worry.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
Isaiah 50 4-5

"The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He awakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back."

Each new day is a gift from God, and if you are wise, you will spend a few quiet moments each morning thanking the Giver.

What a way to start our day, by asking God to guide us through our day ahead. And thanking Him for the life that He has so graciously given us.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal