Hello Guest

Author Topic: photo problems?!  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
photo problems?!
« on: October 19, 2021, 05:06:08 PM »
Attention: if you are going to post a picture on a forum that was taken with your smart phone or your non smart digital camera, make sure you take the picture in LANDSCAPE mode on your phone (phone sideways) and not in PORTRAIT mode (phone up & down)!

If you take a picture in portrait mode, you will have to do one of the following before you can expect it to load correctly on a forum.

Phone fix:
1. open the picture in whatever app you use to view pictures.
2. push the crop or edit button.
3. you can either crop your picture down a very tiny amount or you can rotate the picture to the correct orientation.
4. if you crop the photo, it should automatically save the new image (verify first), then delete the old one and post the new corrected one.
5. if you rotate the photo, you will have to make sure you save it, as it will not automatically save like it does for croping.

Computer fix:
1. upload the photo to whatever computer platform you are using.
2. right click on the picture and you should have a couple different options to edit the photo.
3. you can either crop your picture down a very tiny amount or you can rotate the picture to the correct orientation.
4. if you crop the photo, it will should automatically save the new image (verify first), then delete the old one and post the new corrected one.
5. if you rotate the photo, you will have to make sure you save it, as it will not automatically save like it does for croping.

If for whatever reason you are having technological issues, shoot me a pm on here or if you have my number you can call or txt me.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: photo problems?!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 07:57:07 AM »
I don’t think I ever turn my phone for photos.   Hasn’t been anyone say anything about the photo being off or goofy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 09:18:44 AM »
Dave, I think the problem is mostly Apple phones

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 10:54:17 AM »
Bob's right...Mostly Apple phones.

But

I think I fixed the problem with my goofy I-Phone sideways pics...

I found the battery charger for my Cannon camera
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 12:13:03 PM »
Guys, for what it’s worth I have an iPhone. When I post pictures I use Tapatalk and no issues, ever. When I’m just commenting and regular DOTing I use the safari app on the phone.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 01:32:23 AM »
I have never posted with a laptop or anything but the Tapatalk app. Photos and doting alike.  No one has said anything we wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal