VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

New Kaufman trailer

(1/14) > >>

Flyin6:
I just purchased a new Kaufman trailer

Actually, I just placed my order for a new Kaufman trailer after going through a few loops with Big Tex

Side note from that experience: DO NOT buy a Big Tex trailer unless you just are flushed with cash!

The total cost for a 17,000 GVW twin axle 20' Kaufman with LED lighting, a spare 17.5" H-rated heavy steel wheel/tire and a pintle hitch was:$7653.30 which I consider a fair price. It has uprated steel ramps since it is meant for skid steers and other very heavy things and a lifetime warranty wiring harness made by an automotive supplier

The price for the Big-Tex 16ET, which has a 16,000GVW is: $13,684.00. Anyone see anything wrong with that? If not, maybe you need to be elsewhere, you're on the wrong web site!

More to come but the Kaufman trailer weighs 3,350 lbs, which leaves a net capacity of 13,650 lbs.

They require that you pay 10% when ordering, then the balance when you pick it up

This trailer will take 8 weeks to be built. According to Sandra over at Kaufman, they are building right at 1000 trailers a month, and I am simply placed in Queue.

Once built, I will have to pick it up at the factory which is located in Lexington, N.C. which I think will make for a nice two day trip for Kat and I.

Flyin6:
Requires you to first sign all the docs

Bigdave_185:
Can’t wait for your first time loading that skiddi and the axle on your truck lifts 4 feet off the ground!!

You had better be on the level ground!! So you don’t roll away!

Ask how I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on January 28, 2022, 08:11:53 PM ---Can’t wait for your first time loading that skiddi and the axle on your truck lifts 4 feet off the ground!!

Ask how I know

--- End quote ---

The ramps have vertical supports under them per the picture. Truck shouldn’t lift off the ground.

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: stlaser on January 28, 2022, 10:36:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on January 28, 2022, 08:11:53 PM ---Can’t wait for your first time loading that skiddi and the axle on your truck lifts 4 feet off the ground!!

Ask how I know

--- End quote ---

The ramps have vertical supports under them per the picture. Truck shouldn’t lift off the ground.

--- End quote ---
That’s a whole lot of zoomin in

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version