Hello Guest

Author Topic: information bleed over  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
information bleed over
« on: February 26, 2016, 03:49:37 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I humbly ask for your assistance.  There have been a few threads lately where they have gone completely off topic and great/invaluable information is being shared but not where folks can readily access it.  An example of this would be:

A thread containing information about how to clean a coolant stack on a Chevy diesel and ends up having several pages of what kinds of lubricant you can run in a transfer case.

Please don’t mistake this request for assistance for the general banter/conversation that takes place within threads.  I am just trying to keep all valuable technical information that is shared in their perspective categories for easier searching.

Respectfully and Thank you for your assistance.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: information bleed over
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:08:11 PM »
What he said!  ;D

Just want to clarify though that all the harassment about SQ D on all the various threads can continue until Don recovers his "loaner" battery charger & attempts to actually do something to the old girl before it rusts into oblivion!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:11:49 PM »
all harassment can continue in that regard..........;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »
I tell ya what Nate...Expect no sympathy from me!

But obviously, if we get a great bit of information we should capture and sticky it. Not creating a new sticky, but paste that info to an existing one. We don't want to end up with another mess like the one I created with all the phases of building a vehicle that won't run! :o
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 05:48:51 PM »
I tell ya what Nate...Expect no sympathy from me!

But obviously, if we get a great bit of information we should capture and sticky it. Not creating a new sticky, but paste that info to an existing one. We don't want to end up with another mess like the one I created with all the phases of building a vehicle that won't run! :o

If there was anything less, I would be calling the medic cause that would mean that you have truly lost it and need to go sit on the pine...;D

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 03:28:17 PM »
One way to do this that every one can appreciate (I am sure we have ALL at one time or another searched for something we read somewhere but cant find (exactly to your point!!)) is if some info gets shared that some find helpful suggest a new thread/start one your self with the request that the info be posted there for easy reference later. As I say seeing that likely we have all been in that position of searching threads I am sure everyone will agree that this benefits the herd.   :) 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal