Author Topic: WILNR  (Read 875 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WILNR
« on: June 01, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
WILNR - Whiskey Induced Late Night Rant

I've about reached the end of my rope with people who believe that we should take care not to "offend" people.  They live their life worried about what other people think.

Got into a really hot debate with the HH6 tonight about this.  She made the comment "aren't you glad that your truck (with the Redneck license plate) is not parked out in front of our house in Houston?  I told her I am prepared to handle the threat, to which she replied that I would be partly to blame for having that plate that might offend people.  She failed to see the analogy that her statement is like saying the girl with the short skirt was asking to get raped. That led to a very lengthy debate on why I don't care about what other people think.  She continues to insinuate that the license plate would be a reason for people to attack us.  She said she understood some people's anger in the protests. I agreed, but that it is no excuse to riot and break the law.  It should not have taken 3 days to arrest that cop and the other 3 should probably be arrested on lesser charges.  Permissive attitudes like hers is what leads to weak liberal politicians backing off and "letting the protestors get it out of their system". the same ones that turned a blind eye to the officer's 18 other complaints against him.  We are either a nation of laws are we arent and we need to crack down on looters, hard. Just as we should crack down on the minority of LEOs that are bad apples.

She continued to argue that I should acknowledge that some might find my license plate offensive to wit I replied, I dont care.  I could put an American flag on the back and there would be someone who would be offended.  I wear a hat with Infidel on it and I'm sure some would be offended.  I won't change my life or speech to coddle the minority who might find themselves offended.  Redneck is a salt of the earth hard working farmer type and those that choose to make it a racial issue are ignorant and I won't coddle ignorant people either. Unlike her I grew up in diversity and one of my first jobs was in what is one of the roughest parts of black Houston near the corner of MLK and Cullen.  I gained my street creds there and was harrassed constantly by the cops for being in that neighborhood as a white guy.  They figured I was selling or buying dope.  I rolled bones and drank 40s with the guys in the hood and made friends.  These days, in my truck I roll up to convenience stores in black areas and invariably the blacks crack up at the license plate and get the humor in it. "truth in advertising" as I tell them.

In the end we had to just stop talking.  My passion was coming through loud and clear.  I won’t be lectured by someone who hasn’t grown up with diversity.

Rant off.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:30:39 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: WILNR
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 10:47:03 PM »
I agree Charles, no sense in trying to fake it. Most can see right thru the thin facade anyhow.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 09:23:14 AM »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »
I'm with you, Charles. Being offended is a personal choice, and many people today are all too willing to make it.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:05:21 AM »
Concur

and

Next time you are posting a WILNR and you are sharing the thoughts/discussion with your Frau, just say something like. "I was talking with this person..."

For all the advice you have offered me over the years, I think this little bit of counsel is appropiate!

;-))
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »
Love it Charles, here, here!!!

FYI, much of my youth was in the twin cities being a military brat. Never had an issue.

My other half thinks the same,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 04:13:43 PM »
Concur

and

Next time you are posting a WILNR and you are sharing the thoughts/discussion with your Frau, just say something like. "I was talking with this person..."

For all the advice you have offered me over the years, I think this little bit of counsel is appropiate!

;-))
Ha. That was the edited version. Nate caught me and kept me from an even bigger mistake....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
Iron sharpens iron...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 10:43:36 PM »
Amen.

I keep hearing the “respectful workplace” crap.

Yeah, I respect your right to be offended to the words coming out of my mouth.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal