Hello Guest

Author Topic: Prayer Request thread  (Read 154091 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Request thread
« Reply #600 on: November 05, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »
Prayers for those in Sutherland Springs, TX
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 05, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
Yes....this ^^^ smh.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 06, 2017, 06:34:14 AM »
My boss had his surgery the other day to clean out his arteries. First day home he said he felt great. Got rid of his home health workers. Then got tired by noon and went home. Now his neck is all swollen. He tho is he's all better now. Hes finding out that its still going to take some time.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 06, 2017, 07:18:59 AM »
Sometimes the hardest part is taking it easy while you give your body the change to recover and heal after a hospital visit.  It's hard to sit on your butt inside when you know there are things that you want/ need to get done.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 06, 2017, 08:47:26 PM »
Hi all, went to the doctor today, all is well as the spots on my lung have not grown. Looks like the colon cancer and other spots are all in the rear view at this time. A big thank you for all the thoughts and prayers from a great bunch of guys. May God watch over you and yours, thanks so much for having him look over me these past months.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 06, 2017, 09:01:30 PM »
Hi all, went to the doctor today, all is well as the spots on my lung have not grown. Looks like the colon cancer and other spots are all in the rear view at this time. A big thank you for all the thoughts and prayers from a great bunch of guys. May God watch over you and yours, thanks so much for having him look over me these past months.

Wonderful! :likebutton:

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 06, 2017, 09:39:58 PM »
Great news Bob. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 07, 2017, 07:34:39 AM »
Thanks for the praise report Bob.  God is good!
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 07, 2017, 10:56:43 AM »
May He continue to bless you sir. So glad to hear good reports.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 11, 2017, 08:46:25 AM »
Minor request:

Preparing to perform minor surgery on the Dmax and I’ve got this guy named MURPHY who lives in my garage!  Leaving next Friday for Arkansas pulling the camper behind, so I really need the truck in top functionality. About to replace faulty #7 glow plug and really don’t need it snapping off!  Bought special kit from Merchant Auto which uses air chisel attachment to lightly tap while you apply rotating force with a wrench on the socket extension.

Praying for an uneventful day in the garage with Murphy away visiting relatives!  Also for safe travels and relaxation while in Arkansas over Thanksgiving.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 11, 2017, 12:32:59 PM »
Rotten Murphy didn't go on vacation....... :facepalm:  Check WDYDT thread for further details......God's building character today I guess......I hope

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 11, 2017, 01:15:38 PM »
Good Luck. I have #8 to do and thermos!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 11, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »
Good luck Bob, may good news continue to come your way.

Sorry to hear that cuda,  that's no fun.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 11, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
Ah, nothing big, other than frustration and some cost - Really thankful for Bob's prognosis and continued health!  :beercheers:

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 03, 2017, 08:37:44 PM »
Prayer request: we lost a hero in Afghanistan in 2011 and for some reason it is hitting the family pretty hard this year. Please pray for peace and comfort.

Thanks
Steve

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 03, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »
Prayer request: we lost a hero in Afghanistan in 2011 and for some reason it is hitting the family pretty hard this year. Please pray for peace and comfort.

Thanks
Steve

Done

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »
Sent, not enough done for our vets ans their families.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 04, 2017, 10:49:26 AM »

Thanks
Steve
I will...
Yours?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 04, 2017, 10:50:30 AM »
Sent, not enough done for our vets ans their families.
JR, Man is always going to fail. Look how bad he has failed the police in this nation!

But

God knows their pain. Just do your part, talk to him about them and ask him to comfort them. It will be OK, he knows best
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:51:18 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 04, 2017, 10:55:12 AM »
I have a request.

An unnamed member of this site is struggling. His wife just got an abnormal report from a recent scan. They are concerned. Jesus is the master physician.

We are mandated by Jesus to love our neighbor like ourselves. We express that love through prayer to the father. He wants to see his system work where his children help one another and come to him for comfort and reassurance and with all requests, great and small.

I lift her up in the name of my friend, Jesus.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 04, 2017, 11:15:55 AM »
Prayers sent. Please watch out for this family.
Mike

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 04, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »

Thanks
Steve
I will...
Yours?

My step son Oklahoma Army National Guard was also a fire fighter and 911 dispatcher when not called up. He was killed  9 September 2011, after 6 years we don't understand why it is hitting us hard this year just know that the Lord has gotten us this far and He will take us the rest of the way.

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 04, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »
Lord Jesue, we know you are the Great Physician. We pray that you will wrape your loving arms around this family and give them healing, peace and comfort as only you can. In Jesue name we pray. Amen

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 04, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »

Thanks
Steve
I will...
Yours?

My step son Oklahoma Army National Guard was also a fire fighter and 911 dispatcher when not called up. He was killed  9 September 2011, after 6 years we don't understand why it is hitting us hard this year just know that the Lord has gotten us this far and He will take us the rest of the way.
Do you know where he was in Afghanistan? Name of the FOB? Location? RC SOUTH or east? OR? What unit was he in?
Just wondering if there was any overlap...probably not
I was there until June of 2010 flying all over RC South and East, some missions over to RC West...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 04, 2017, 10:21:45 PM »
Jesus, THE CHRIST, Son of God, by whom all things were brought into this world, your ways are not like our ways and we will never know, in time on this earth, your perfect and holy plan.  I ask that your will be done and that if it is to heal, heal.  If not, I pray that you provide comfort because we know that you will never place more upon us than we are able to deal with by the grace that you give.  And that in some way this is for Your glory and our witness and may we have the strength to praise you in adversity just as in health and prosperity, AMEN.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 05, 2017, 12:09:39 AM »
I hear you and understand Don. Still happy I got out when I did.

Prayers sent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 05, 2017, 06:31:56 AM »
Father in heaven, I want to lift these families up to you. I don't know the reason or details of either situation but you do. Please give them comfort in your peace and mercy and love. Please reveal your plans to us in your Time and give us the patience to wait and the strength and courage to live for you. Everything you do brings glory to you. We have confidence in that and in you Lord. Amen
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 05, 2017, 10:19:53 PM »

Thanks
Steve
I will...
Yours?

Do you know where he was in Afghanistan? Name of the FOB? Location? RC SOUTH or east? OR? What unit was he in?
Just wondering if there was any overlap...probably not
I was there until June of 2010 flying all over RC South and East, some missions over to RC West...

Bret was part of the 1st Battalion, 279 Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Brigade he was killed Zurmat District, Paktya province sorry but can't remember the name of the FOB he was at

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 06, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »
I know the place. South of Gardez. Getting kind of high up in the hills and is actually pretty in a couple of places there.
On the road there it is something to see from the air. I would fly up and down the MSR at about 500 feet. Enough time for me to jink when getting shot at, but also a good altitude to bring my mini-guns to bear. Along that road, I named it "IED Highway"

There is not much distance between the black circles where some vehicle burned up after getting hit. I'd say, maybe 200 meters between burned circles or burned out hulks of trucks. If you read my book, I wrote of a day I was cruising north when a convoy of fuel tankers got hit. It was at that place. I saw the blossom of flame maybe 20 miles off and banked hard toward the flash. Then a second and a third. I was so dammed angry that I couldn't get there in time. I had a fully armed gunship and could have possibly killed those bastards and saved some folks. I wanted to shoot them so bad.

I don't understand it, and I hate it. I just give that one over to our father because, I really don't get the why part of all of that.

Your stepson was a brave man to walk that land. It was an area of frequent fighting. I feel for your loss. I bit of me and every other soldier who served there died there with each of ours that we left behind.

My sincere condolences
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:20:58 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 06, 2017, 08:18:34 PM »
Don,

Thank you.

Bret was on a small kill team to get the people that planted the IED along that road. They inserted at night and once it started to get light they saw that they where expossed so the fell back to find a better place to set up and found what they thought was a safe place between an old mud hut and a almost 90 deg cliff. they set a primater but most of it towards the hut away from the cilff. Well those people came up the cliff and started firing killing 3. One of the soilder was able employ a morter on the bad guys as they went back down the cliff killing all of them. The other soilders told us that Bret was killed instantly. They told us that it was a 1 in a million hit, went in under his arm traveled through the chest and missed the body armor completely. Bret was able to save one of his soilders the week before his death when the soilder was hit in the arm during a fire fight. We draw peace from knowing that he didn't suffer, he was doing what he loved and he knew Jesus and is home with him now. Thank for your service I will look for your book and give it a read.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 07, 2017, 10:05:27 AM »
Don,

Thank you.

Bret was on a small kill team to get the people that planted the IED along that road. They inserted at night and once it started to get light they saw that they where expossed so the fell back to find a better place to set up and found what they thought was a safe place between an old mud hut and a almost 90 deg cliff. they set a primater but most of it towards the hut away from the cilff. Well those people came up the cliff and started firing killing 3. One of the soilder was able employ a morter on the bad guys as they went back down the cliff killing all of them. The other soilders told us that Bret was killed instantly. They told us that it was a 1 in a million hit, went in under his arm traveled through the chest and missed the body armor completely. Bret was able to save one of his soilders the week before his death when the soilder was hit in the arm during a fire fight. We draw peace from knowing that he didn't suffer, he was doing what he loved and he knew Jesus and is home with him now. Thank for your service I will look for your book and give it a read.
Send me your address, I'll send you one...signed (Armee Pilots can rite, 2, ya know)
It would be my honor
PM me with your information

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 07, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
Don,

Thank you.

Send me your address, I'll send you one...signed (Armee Pilots can rite, 2, ya know)
It would be my honor
PM me with your information

Thanks again

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 16, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
I feel bad posting this after ignoring this thread recently as life grabs so much of my day to day attention. Prayers sent for the respondents here in the past month or more I've been absent from it. Especially for those who passed serving our country and protecting all of us here.

But I'm requesting prayers for my Mom who had a mild stroke and car accident yesterday. Still not sure of the prognosis but we're hopeful. We just have to wait and see. Been a rough couple of years here w/family members.

OldKooT

« Reply #633 on: December 16, 2017, 12:12:26 PM »
Wilbur....you and your family are in our prayers.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 16, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »
Wilbur....you and your family are in our prayers.
And more sent.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 16, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »
You are in mine as well.

I have been tardy adding one. My wife had surgery yesterday to remove a bone chip in the outside edge of her left foot.  She was home last night doing fine.  That thing was the size of a pencil eraser and imbedded in the tendon.  She has to be off it for 6 weeks. No touching the floor. I have 2 weeks time off to help thankfully.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 16, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »
Wilbur. You are in our prayers. Matt. Also your wife for a speedy recovery.

Mike

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 16, 2017, 04:17:18 PM »
Prayers sent for all- Gods Peace and Blessings!

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 16, 2017, 07:35:11 PM »
I will add both to my daily prayers

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 21, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »
Got an urgent one here Gents:

My friend in Michigan, Burton has gone through a couple serious bouts with cancer and has been cancer free for long enough that they replaced his knee on Monday. All went well until Tuesday pm/Wednesday am when he was rushed back with serious infection in the knee. Please pray for quick eradication of the infection and healing for his knee.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 21, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »
Prayers sent cuda. Hope they knock it out quick.

Mike

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 21, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »
Prayers sent Cuda

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 21, 2017, 10:28:07 PM »
Done

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 21, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »
Ditto,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 21, 2017, 11:29:32 PM »
Prayers sent....infections like that can be nasty. Hope he gets better quick.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2017, 08:14:12 AM »
Done.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 22, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
Me 2

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 22, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »
 Update on Burton: he goes in again today at 3 PM Eastern time to have the knee opened up and cleaned out-pray for success & rapid healing please!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 22, 2017, 05:57:21 PM »
Update on Burton: he goes in again today at 3 PM Eastern time to have the knee opened up and cleaned out-pray for success & rapid healing please!
OK...

Update as soon as you have information, please.

Gentlemen, lets all give this some knee time. Lets get Burton better for Christ's birthday.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 23, 2017, 08:05:25 AM »
Update on Burton:

Directly from him via text, “Feeling much better today. Pain level significantly reduced. Thanks have stopped crying, literally. That’s how bad it was.“

Thanks gentlemen for your continued prayers for Burton; my he be able to go home soon and enjoy a complete recovery!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal