Hello Guest

Author Topic: New Kaufman trailer  (Read 3417 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Kaufman trailer
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2022, 03:28:27 AM »
Nice trailer Don. Something like that would almost be worth the drive for me. Why I got mine in Utah, via Dave's delivery  :beercheers: How is the finish on the welds and such? Wish they had a spent a few minutes grinding, would have made a big diff.

Mine is a 22' deckover, tows just great even a little heavy as it is now. Length is just right and I leave a couple pallets on it for impliments and arms. Doesn't tear up the deck as bad and I think the angle up on them helps.

As for chains, I use the 3/8 HF ones (5400lbs) and their turnbuckles. Only really need one. I run the chain through, pull it tight then ratchet the other end. Alway crank it down to the deck on the drivers side so I can see in the mirror.

So guys, kinda looking for a dump trailer. Out here priced like gold. Between you guys on this side of the miss, what are the options?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2022, 10:03:56 AM »
Looks Ike it’s right time for a oil change aint it?

New deck boards, paint already shows a few miles? Winch? More LED chicken lights,

What else does Don need to add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today I added the new disc mulcher head I had purchased a couple months ago. I loaded it and carried it to the farm.

Tomorrow I will add the new engine and transmission for the suburban to it.

I have plans to add a bunch of stuff to it and almost added the fender, doors, and quarter panel of a new Tahoe who tried to cut me off where I was merging due to a lane closure. The fool tried to squeeze past me so I just said to heck with it and just kept on coming over. Not sure if I touched her or not but I ended up in the lane with that Tahoe partway on the shoulder and part way in the grass in the meridian. She took off like a crazed animal and I never saw her again! It was black, so I guess I'll never really know but I was bumping into something sure enough!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2022, 10:09:17 AM »
what are you wanting to use the dump trailer for jr? 
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2022, 11:25:44 AM »

New deck boards, paint already shows a few miles? Winch? More LED chicken lights,

Today I added the new disc mulcher head I had purchased a couple months ago. I loaded it and carried it to the farm.

I have plans to add a bunch of stuff to it and almost added the fender, doors, and quarter panel of a new Tahoe who tried to cut me off where I was merging due to a lane closure. The fool tried to squeeze past me so I just said to heck with it and just kept on coming over. Not sure if I touched her or not but I ended up in the lane with that Tahoe partway on the shoulder and part way in the grass in the meridian. She took off like a crazed animal and I never saw her again! It was black, so I guess I'll never really know but I was bumping into something sure enough!

Yeah, I saw that too….
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2022, 01:20:10 PM »
what are you wanting to use the dump trailer for jr? 

Need to start getting base at the ridge. If I find one for the right price vs paying to have it hauled. Plus, dump trailers are always handy.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2022, 02:00:21 PM »
I thought you bought a dumper Fred
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2022, 02:05:49 PM »
I messed up big time on that. Sold the Maxxd deckover for the dump. Maxxd was a nice trailer, towed better and built better than my PJ. Bought the dump, it was to small for what I needed I found out, so I sold it. For the loss I took on both I could have kept the Maxxd and bought smaller and been better off.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2022, 05:40:15 PM »
JR, my dump trailer is 14000 and weighs just over 4,000. Only power up and gravity down. Dealer said if I had both power up and down the battery would need charging at least once or twice a day. Never have had a problem lifting a load or the trailer coming down on its own. Only wish it was a bit wider inside but so far haven’t had a problem with only 6 ft inside width. It has the large scissor lift and really works nice.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2022, 06:09:25 PM »

Yeah, I saw that too….

Ditto…
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2022, 06:49:43 PM »
Hate when everyone is merging nice, then someone has to try to run to the front of the open lane. I see someone coming and I will block both lanes.

So Don, another full fluid change? 

Thomas Jefferson

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2022, 08:14:57 PM »

Yeah, I saw that too….
I got it on one marathon day today.
First I went to Indiana to pick up the correct coupling fittings for the new Diamond mulcher head I just hauled home yesterday. Next I drove 1.5 hours into Ohio to pick up the new engine for the Suburban. It's a GM replacement engine with low miles. It came with the trucks ECM and the TCM along with the total wiring harness every accessory, all the bolts do-dads and nick-nacks. He also tossed in a 120K Allison 1000 tranny. Everything was running great and the guy who sold it to me was just going to bolt it in his truck as is.

Pics coming in my suburban thread probably tomorrow...I am just beat right now!

You're gonna be surprised!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2022, 08:15:54 PM »
Hate when everyone is merging nice, then someone has to try to run to the front of the open lane. I see someone coming and I will block both lanes.

So Don, another full fluid change? 
Partial fluid change... with filters n' stuff...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2022, 08:29:18 PM »
A replacement gas or a replacement duramax engine?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2022, 09:04:05 PM »
Guessing dmax since it has an Allison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2022, 10:13:22 PM »
Guessing dmax since it has an Allison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He could be planning a blown 8.1!!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2022, 11:18:04 PM »
 :popcorn:

Didn't one or 2 suggest to do the dmax from the beginning? NAW

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal