Hello Guest

Author Topic: Urban SHTF (Stuff hits the fan) rescue/evacuation.  (Read 13174 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Urban SHTF (Stuff hits the fan) rescue/evacuation.
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
If there was ever a need for the "eating popcorn" face now is the time! Damn would love to hear/read about some of those!  :D

Okay....all of them! Ha!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2015, 12:52:32 PM »
Maybe we would cut you some slack about Square D running if we all had that book to read.

I've shared parts of it over in the CIEMR...under Don's writings I think
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 01:02:55 PM »
I have several books in the works

The first, "Distant Thunder" as we know is published. The publisher asked me to write a bio to augment that one to get us up to that time. I decided that instead of telling my story, I just write about things that happened or I saw along the way. So if you read the chapter "13th Tank" it is about the years I served in Germany in 1/13 Armor as a sergeant and a tanker. I don't talk about me so much, like they wanted, but about all the crazy stuff going on around me in the Army. Ask any soldier, the Army is a bizarre place.

The other book I work on from time to time is the Christian story behind Distant Thunder. Sort of a, "And now you know the rest of the story" that gets you to say, "Yea, now I get that."

The other book I play with is one on survival. All sorts of stuff I learned as a Night Stalker, from Special Forces, Navee surfer dudes, Jar heads, Rangers, and Air Farce PJ's along with some doctors and even special forces from places like South Africa, Britain, Germany, New Zealand, Aussies, Canadians, and who knows who.

Now problem is I signed a contract with Grubstreet Publishing. They get first dibs on any book I offer for publishing. I am American, they are British. Gringo authors don't do as well in the old country as they might do in the hood. So I have to fight to get my stuff before merican eyeballs and that is not an easy fight. Many folks offering their "War story from hell" when I was in the national guard as a mess kit repairman. So much so, that my stuff gets glossed over.

But write it I will and maybe publish it piece by piece right here as often I do.

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »
I just bought your book on Amazon. Well the kindle version anyway.   Anytime you feel the need to publish things here I'm sure no one will complain.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »
I second the motion. I've told Don how I feel about the bit of insight, he shares, into that part of the world...spec ops, pilots, etc. It just makes me appreciate you guys even more...Nate, Don, Bobby, HC, Matt, and everyone I didn't mention.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »
mess kit repairman

You don't know the horrors those brave men and women faced on a daily basis. They stood upon the cusp of anarchy and stared down the horrors that lurk just beyond the shadows. With steely determination and an unwavering moral code of conduct, they trudged forth into battle with just their tin snips, soldering irons and rivet guns, vowing to never fail a mess kit in need of repair. They are truly the real unsung heroes of this generation of Warfighters...

or something like that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:58:13 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »
Maybe we would cut you some slack about Square D running if we all had that book to read.

Amen.  Get busy building or writing Don....your choice.

The natives are getting restless.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 08:46:23 PM »
Having just driven through Atlanta and Chattenooga, when SHTF those places are TOAST!  There are very few ways in or out and the people living there are crappy drivers!

Anyone living there or who'd have to pass through there- MOVE NOW!  You'd think after the battles at Lookout Mountain and Harper's Ferry, the people living there would have built more infrastructure avoiding those same choke points!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 10:12:07 PM »
I just bought your book on Amazon. Well the kindle version anyway.   Anytime you feel the need to publish things here I'm sure no one will complain.
Well if any of you boneheads were local you could bribe me. I susceptible to sweet tea and quoffee especially. Money doesn't hurt but the tea will do the trick!

Oh, and hope you like it.

Me, I like the wisdom chapter, and the part where I compare a chopper with a woman. That was fun writin' right there
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:15:48 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2015, 10:13:52 PM »
mess kit repairman

You don't know the horrors those brave men and women faced on a daily basis. They stood upon the cusp of anarchy and stared down the horrors that lurk just beyond the shadows. With steely determination and an unwavering moral code of conduct, they trudged forth into battle with just their tin snips, soldering irons and rivet guns, vowing to never fail a mess kit in need of repair. They are truly the real unsung heroes of this generation of Warfighters...

or something like that.
Never thought about it that way! 8-/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal