Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2017 Polaris General  (Read 2345 times)

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
2017 Polaris General
« on: July 13, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »
Well I finally did it. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a new 2017 Polaris General White Lightning edition. Been looking at the ride command version for a couple months now and when I finally decided to buy they could not get one in and quite possibly wouldn't until beginning of next year as they are getting ready for model year swap over.

Talked to the sales guy and manager and they made me a deal on this one. Took a few days to think about it and decided I didn't need all the bells and whistles of the ride command so I saved a few thousand and got the white lightning.

Power steering is a nice feature for sure. The 100hp 1000cc motor has more power than I would have imagined. Had it up to 65mph yesterday and still has some pedal left. That's enough of that until the break in period is over.

Had an audioformz top put on it at the dealer. Has radio, 4 speakers, Led dome light, 5 forward facing flush mount 10watt leds (these will probably get swapped for 40watters or a light bar), and one rear facing 10w led. There is still room to add more lights, speakers etc. I have a gun scabbard mount, a fold down windshield, a bed extender, and factory RZR led headlights coming for it that should arrive next week sometime.

I will post some pics once the phone charges a bit. Seems to not last these days.

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Polaris General
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 07:15:34 PM »
 :likebutton:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »
Nice lookin ride!

:likebutton:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 04:10:44 PM »
Ah man, I want one of those so bad. nice ride.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:01:07 PM »
So enlighten us. What's the diff of that and a regular razor? Looks like  it has a  more useful bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:18:42 PM »
Utility like ranger with razor drivetrain

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »
Sounds good to me

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 07:29:44 AM »
Like Ken said, basically a cross breed between the rzr and the ranger. Has a smaller bed than the ranger but still more functional than the rzr bed. The 2 seater general is built on the rzr 900 chassis so it has the more "sporty" ride when compared to the ranger. Haven't had much seat time yet between rain storms and work. Going to try and put some time in this weekend unless I put the boat in the water.

Wanted a rzr for years but couldn't justify it due to the lack of bed space and needing to be able to haul corn and deer while at the lease.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 08:02:13 AM »
Very cool. Let us know how useful the bed really is when you are working it

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »
I like those as well.

Need a UTV for the hide finally...shouldn't have sold my Deere, but the darned thing was slow, and I don't like slow.

I was leaning toward the ranger, but this is worthy of a look over. My buying timeframe is around 24 months...Give me time to get a bit older and more arthritic!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 06:40:54 AM »
I like those as well.

Need a UTV for the hide finally...shouldn't have sold my Deere, but the darned thing was slow, and I don't like slow.

I was leaning toward the ranger, but this is worthy of a look over. My buying timeframe is around 24 months...Give me time to get a bit older and more arthritic!

Dad has the ranger crew 800 and it has definitely earned its keep with all the work we've put it through in the deer woods. Had it loaded down with 4 adults, a full grown golden retriever, tools for days, 800#s of deer corn, all while pulling a small trailer loaded with 1800#'s of quickrete through the Texas hill country and never once did it complain or even struggle with the load. It will get up to around 50mph when it's time to play as well.

The general is also available in a 4 seater option if that's something more suited to your needs. I don't have the storage space for the 4 seater model without kicking one of the trucks out of covered parking so I didn't even consider it as an option.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal